MEGAVersary 4 Story Night In Game RP Event June 27

When: Sunday June 27, 2021 from 7pm-10pm EST

Where: New York, @ The Park (You can MU on Insein)

What it’s about:

Hello and welcome all SWL players and roleplayers! Happy 4th anniversary to Secret World. This event is to encourage new roleplayers and the rp-curious by allowing people who want to share short vignettes, poems, cautionary tales, original works, et cetera with their fellow roleplayers.

In between the stories, we will be giving out prizes gathered by Hollopoint for the Megaversary this year, so come on down and share a short story/flash fiction with us that inspires you.

There are only a few rules for story night:

• Be respectful of the speaker who currently has the floor.

• Be respectful of the listeners who are trying to enjoy the speakers.

• The gathering is a peaceful one. There should be no open hostility. We’re all there for the same purpose.

The host is there to facilitate the gathering. The speaker will change as the host gives them charge of the gathering.

If you have a story to share:

• Try to post it in digestible blocks, about a sentence or two at a time to simulate storytelling.

• Give room for feedback. People like to interact in between parts of a story.

• Keep your story to about 10-15 minutes maximum! That way we can get several people to speak.

• Remember to signal the end of the story and then please go take your seat so the Host can pick the next storyteller.

I am looking forward to this gathering and I hope to see you all there! Thank you!

8 Likes

and this one!

1 Like

Happening Today, fun, RP and prizes!

Here’s a copy of the story I just told, for posterity XD

Okay, so… this is the story of the time I got kidnapped by six Blajini and wound up hogtied upside-down underneath a billboard somewhere on a Romanian highway.

Now, I grew up in the US, Midwest, and prior to becoming a Bee I had no idea about the Blajini or what they’re like. Or that they were even real. Fairy tales, they’re called the “Kindly Ones.” Little rodent-faced creatures, sweet as pie, all round good neighbors-- until you step on their toes. And boy, did I step on their toes…

So, I guess I should start with why I was in Romania in the first place, uh- as a Templar operative I had missions in the area, but I also had a personal investigation to conduct. I found out recently that I’ve got an ancestor that wasn’t human, a Faun or something. You might have noticed the horns… Yep, they’re attached. They showed up after I swallowed Gaia’s bee, something about breaking an enchantment that hid my true nature, blah blah magic stuff, I wasn’t really listening when Sonnac was trying to explain it to me… Anyway, yeah the Blajini.

I rolled up to this sad little tavern in the farmlands, where I’d heard about a possible contact. There’s an actual forest god just, chilling at the bar and putting away beer after beer. Sad about vampires destroying his forest, you’ve probably seen the guy. Actual upright elk wearing a green hood and cloak. Anyway, I figure if anybody could tell me what I was, it’s probably this guy. So I started drinking with him.

That guy… can really drink. Six beers down, and he’s telling me about the true nature of the cosmos, I’m like on the verge of enlightment or some ■■■■, haven’t even gotten around to asking him about my non-human ancestor, when this litle Blajini guy steps up to the bar. He’s like, the same height as the barstool itself, got his little arms up trying to climb it.

Well, you know-- I’m friendly, feelin good, drunk as hell, and NOT thinking clearly. Thought it’d be a nice gesture to just, you know… Pick the little guy up and put him on the barstool. This was a horrible, horrible idea… Apparently he took great offense to me slotting my hands under his armpits and just hoisting him up onto the bar like a sack of potatoes.

He slugged me, that was the first thing that happened. Tiny little balled fist no bigger than a golfball socking me right in the eye. Then he must have called for his buddies, because they were all over me, knocking me out of my chair, kicking at me, it wasn’t pretty. There must have been about six of them, or there could have been three but they were all really fast and my vision was blurry-- anyway. After I took a bit of a beating from a horde of leprechauns, I passed out. And woke up elsewheres.

I was dangling upside down, tied by my ankles to the supports of a Bingo Blast billboard. They’d wrapped my arms in rope, loosely thankfully so after some wiggling I was able to shrug them off and then untie my feet. And then I fell on my head.

So, yeah. Don’t try to pick up Blajini. The end!

6 Likes

Crying with giggles, loved your story Razor <3

1 Like

Hehehe, glad you liked it Kate! Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like