Midnight Grove issues

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: AU

The standard trash mobs throughout the grove all have 62K hit points, armour through the roof and hit like superman on steroids. We have not experienced this in any other instance, cave or dungeon… just the grove.

It’s virtually impossible to run with 2 level 80+ players using maxed out armour and weapons. By the time we take out just one all the previous kills have re spawned and our weapons durability is getting smashed.

Once again it’s ONLY the grove… everything else on the server is fine.

We are running Age of Calamitous and Exile lands improved but no-one else has ever experienced this issue before while running these mods. (checked extensively on both discords and mod discussions in steam)

Server has been restarted multiple times and mod order has been changed and tested without any luck.

Please help

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Drink potion to enter the grove
  2. Get murdered by 1st two trash mobs
  3. Leave
  4. Re-enter and get murdered all over again.

Hey @Lucien

You mention level 80 and that this is happening on a private server. We have a suspicion this issue you’re reporting is caused by a mod that tweaks balance and progression. Could you check if this issue happens on a server without mods?

2 Likes

I’m seeing this same thing on a private server with a few mods.

Here is how I described it: https://forums.funcom.com/t/midnight-grove-on-my-private-server-appears-to-be-bugged/82406

I list my mods in that thread, but they seem to be completely different ones.

The common thing between the two, is that we are going in there above level 60. I wonder if this dungeon could somehow be adjusting the difficulty based on player level, and bugging out when it sees a player above level 60?

So do you bring thralls with you when you get murdered in this dungeon? I don’t recall if I’ve tried it without thralls to see if that makes any difference.

Trying the dungeon with no mods on the server is a good idea, but since this is the only problem with my server, I don’t think people playing on the server would appreciate me doing that. I may have to just find a way to give this religion and the shadebloom flowers you get there to the players in another way.

1 Like

My server is now fixed, see the other thread for more information. It was a stacks mod that was causing the problem on the server.

1 Like

Hey @wildbill, thanks for the confirmation on your end and glad to hear you found a solution to your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.