Mod to change music now available

Hello,

My knowledge in modding is very limited, but I am interesting in adding more variety to the soundtrack of this wonderful game. So far I have been able to access the music files through the dev kit, it does not seem complex to edit, but I don’t want to ruin the whole game, without a little instructions.

So I am just asking if anyone is willing to give us a little tutorial to be able to do at least ANY of the following :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

-to replace the existing ambiant music and fight music by music of my choice
-to add different tracks for a specific biome, area, etc.

-to replace an existing ambiant soundtrack of 5 minute for instance by a longer compilation of tracks that will not resume from the beginning, but where it has stopped after a fight music (I have noticed that if you disable the ambiant music in the game parameters, the fight music is still active, so we could at least have more variety for the ambiant music)

and eventually

how to replace voiceover files (to translate the game)

I believe for some of these requests, we just have to export/edit/import the relevant files

Please help

3 Likes

As I can’t publish any link or image, please check my image profile to see what the main theme music files look like in the dev kit.

The boxes linked by a red line are being played in loop at the screen title

I am sure it is pretty easy for you all modders to understand

Not my area of expertise so I can’t weigh in. Your best bet for help is the modding discord. Very few mod authors visit the forums.

Thank you for your support. In the meantime, I nearly managed to solved this request. Thanks to the dev kit, I now know how to add audio files to a specific sound cue. it is basically simple, as soon as you find the relevant sound cue, you just have to edit it, then you can just add multiple songs to be played randomly, infinitely or not. I just don’t know how to export to the mod once done, but I should find this soon. So excited. Thank again for your support

Somehow, I have managed to access the music files and to edit them, but the thing is that I am getting some errors when trying to build the mod. I am pretty sure that there is just a few things left to make it works, but I don’t how to interpret the log file obtained. Could someone help me solving this. Basically, we just need to edit any sound.cue which contains references to .wav files to read according to circumstances. I have given a try on a sound file entitled CombatMusic_Easy _Cue located in "game/sound/music/Combat1. After importing wav music files in the very same folder via the dev kit, I have added all of these new song files to the said sound-cue. You have to create “wave player” nodes in the sound cue and to link them to the “randomizer node”. It works perfect at this stage, but I am getting some errors when trying to build the mode. Can someone help me. I will post the log below(modifié).

So modder told me by the way that the Dev Kit I used was outdated. I am now reinstalling the version intitled “Conan Exiles Dev Kit”, while the first time I have installed “Conan Exiles Mod Dev Kit”

here how it looks like

Here is a screenshot of the new song added. They all have an * and I believe they require something more, but I don’t know what. Anyone have any idea ?

I just run Spotify in the background. Usually with Basil Poledouris’ Conan the Barbarian soundtrack and Wardruna.

1 Like

I used to do that too, but now that I know more or less how to edit the songs, I really want to find out what is the mechanics behind this. We could even add dialogue, localize voices or add ambiances sounds

1 Like

Here is how I have linked all new songs

Here’s come my first mod attempt to change the music. Improvements will be brought to soon.

Hi again,

So here are the instructions to mod the music.

1. First you need to create a mod with the Dev Kit.

2. Once it is done, you have to import your music files in wav format through the content browser of the dev kit in your FOLDER mod (VERY IMPORTANT STEP : if you import them in another folder of the game, you won’t be able to save files, so don’t miss this step). In this very same folder, you can create subfolders to organize your files, like (fight music, exploration music, death music, etc) for more convenience. Don’t forget to save

3. Then go to the following location from the dev kit content browser :slight_smile:
    sound\music
    Here you will find multiple files related to the background music, voice over, etc.

4. To edit fight music for instance, go in sound\music\combat1. Then just click on a “sound cue” to edit. This will bring out a new window in which you can edit the playlist triggered when a fight starts. As you can see from the screen shot above, you should have at least 2 wave player nodes (referencing to the songs to be played), one random node (to randomize the playlist order) and an output node (to stream the songs). You just have to duplicate any wave player, change the name of the song to be played adding yours and link this new wave player node to the random node. You can also edit directly the song name of the existing wave player in case you are fed up with the original songs

5. Save and build your mod

3 Likes

Cool. I will take a look at your mod one day next week.

Dear Henry

The link suggested above was just a demo how to change music in Conan. Now you can download a brand new mod with more than 300 hundred new song for ambiance and combats

here it is

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Ue4 didnt exactly have good native sound stuff easy to use but with some works you can do something call play sound at location or attach sound at actor that more or less override somensound channel … hope this help to make more customized stuff

hey Bambouclat ,i saw you removed the epic music mod from workshop ,it was the best mod ive ever had on conan…could i please have at least a local version of the mod so i can apply it myself…?please…