More strict build and thrall rules on official PVE servers

Every official PVE server, especially on SIPTAH looks like this:

• People spam bases and base fragments.
  • bases are often Monsters of nearly only fundament spamming
  • people like to collect “vehicle parks”. Dozens and dozens of Thralls and animals stand senseless around in areas
  • people build too near to npc structures ,leading often to problems finding a path, and worse those thrall and fundament monsters lead to extreme lag of the enemy npcs
  • people often build and set thralls where npcs spawn. (with the new update this is far less)
  • people spam fish traps, oil presses and ferilizer pits. Sometimes 100 of them in a row.

Most official PVE servers look like this and are to some point nearly unplayable and extremely lagging and unperformant. People behave like people in the most negative way you can interprate it, meaning there should be far more strict rules about where you can build, what you can build and the amount of thralls you have to end this mess. Let’s face it: people behave like d.i.c.k.s. So please have a look at it otherwise official servers become more and more useless and unplayable.

14 Likes

(Sorry for bad Eng)

I totally agree. Although this is difficult to implement, it is possible to make stricter restrictions. I build my base compactly and leave room for other players. I carefully inspect the place so as not to block resources, etc.

My village
Everything is fine… but here’s the problem, when I finish building my village, I find a player settlement that blocks more than 50 % of the entrances from east to west (despite the blocked objects and resources in this zone). I write a complaint and get a fairly quick response (after two days)that the administration receives a lot of complaints about x2 resource harvest. And that my complaint will be considered. After a week and a half, instead of going and exploring new NPC camps and updating the map… I crawl under the walls of this player and realize that no violations were found in the actions of this player. I’ve been playing since this game went into beta and I love this game, but things like this make me leave here and look for others game like Conan until I come back again after a long time.
It’s the politics of the game and you can’t do anything about it!

1 Like

sorry for the late reply and thanks for your description and pictures. Yes, the problem is “think big and dominate” is the core of the gameplay which leads to di.cks who just do this. The core game was pvp, there never was a real thought what to do with pve servers where you can’t take down structures as a player…

It is necessary that Funcom thinks about the PVE scene on official servers and put some limitations and rules, otherwise servers will get ever and ever unplayable, cause online players ARE often d.i.c.k.s…

1 Like

I play at the moment on a Siptah Server, where really massive structures with big walls around them cover complete areas. Those are structires from old clans who don’t play anymore. One of them logs in here and there for a short time to stop decay. It is an enormous territory, unused, senseless, stresses server performance. I have the luck that I built on the Eastern side of the Isle. The western side is nearly a Manhattan city of those old momunmental structures of old clans and players. Sometimes hard to even journey through. On PvP servers you can destroy them, but on PVE people can just troll. Funcom should rellay rethink their “dominate” obsession for PVE players, as they interprete it as: “let’s build everywhere my structures, so I dominate the landscape” which is on PVE in fact just trolling.

1 Like

Could possibly limit the amount of T4 combat thralls a clan could have active, ie you can only have one Dalinsia Snowhunter deployed, any spare Delinsia clones would need to be stored until the original is destroyed.

1 Like

My suggestion.

Allow Avatars to damage player built structures, and followers on PVE and PVE-C servers.

This would do a couple of things-
Give utility to Avatars.
Encourage people to build more strategically, using God Bubble to protect key assets, and as a result more compactly.

This probably wouldnt sit well with some folks curremtly in those server environments, the counter to that could be Avatar damage On, Avatar damage Off servers.
This would would allow those that prefer creative/large builds to congregate in one sandbox, while providing others with a sandbox that has a dynamic option to address build follower issues.

Could this be exploited, probably.
But what can’t; a d-bag is gonna be a d-bag, regardless of the tools available.

So they nerfed fishtraps because of the spam and the “server performance” issues. Problem solved.
tenor

This would just allow further trolling. Those same d.bags you’re referring to would just use bubbles to protect their own builds and use avatars to destroy even those that are playing sensibly. An upkeep on buildings would limit building size, as who wants to spend copious amounts of time farming just to keep their spam from decaying. The whole purpose of pve and pve-c is that your buildings cannot be targeted. I don’t have a perfect answer but I’m sure the one you’ve suggested is not the one we need.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, about eight months into the game from January 2017 you could kill other players thralls on PVE servers.
There was a huge outcry, and people rage quitting right and left. I know just on my server, there were three people that rage quit, because somebody wiped out their thrall mosh. . . lol.
There was one base very close to the den, and the guys archers would shoot at me every time I went by it, so I wiped out all of his archers, and he rage quit. oOpS

3 Likes

I used to spend time clearing build spots for others with killing abandoned thralls with the npcs on the land. It was fun. (knowing that the clan was no longer playing being key.)

It would be better to simply introduce a single tax on the occupied area + tax on the number of building elements. Not too big, but enough for people to have a hard time keeping several squares under their control.

1 Like

W/e the restrictions may be it always end up hurting the serious players as well…

Its really a thing that depends on the person (maybe they are socially very dum?), building is fine but please keep in mind you share the server with others… some people just don’t understand when you park a car on the middle of the road its preventing others to pass it.

I get you… I’m tired of running miles around just to get from one spot to the other because of some maniac building a huge fenced (wall)base right on a passage without open gates…

1 Like

As funcom enable thrall limit-same they can enable building pieces limit.No taxes,no avatars-simple limit

1 Like

A simple limit on the number of pieces will not help fight claim of huge areas. After all, you can occupy a huge territory with a very small number of buildings. So I think the area should definitely be taken into account.

And in doing so, remove any reason to play the game for an extended period of time. Building and thralling is end game Conan.

Here’s an idea, if your server is over run by building spam, find a new server. Because I can promise you “every” siptah PvE server is not over run.

4 Likes

For this we have new rules .From 27 september landclaim mean ban all clan for two weeks

1 Like

Well, any building is a land claim, hence the question always arises, how much land claim is considered a violation.
This is not so relevant for PVE / PVE-C servers, because there land claims have no other practical meaning than griefing. But on PVP servers, everything is completely different. Land claims protects against the trebuchet and prevents the enemy from building a bunker to summon an avatar right next to your base.

I’ve seen this argument come up multiple times.
I don’t think PvP is designed around making trebuchets unable to use by spamming land claim.

If that’s the reasoning behing landclaim spam, I think we need to have a look into how to solve the trebuchets placements instead of building limits.

4 Likes

@prologue1337 , Or summon a God right next to the opponents wall, even in the roof if possible. This way land claim will no longer be a strategy. In any case I really hope they will find balance with whatever they decide to do.

1 Like

YESS!!! :love_you_gesture: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cool=>>> look at this

https://forums.funcom.com/t/update-to-the-official-servers-terms-of-conduct/178424

Bon ok

it’s progressing
it’s moving slowly
rome is not done in a day
otherwise Mars and still deserted
I liked the Mars, now it’s just sugar

ok he doesn’t offer coffee yet with a rapport