Music volume to 0, but its still playing very quietly

Game mode: Any
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: Any
Region: eu

i want to play with my music

change music volume to 0, but it’s still playing very quietly. after game restart in the settings music volume 1 instead of 0, think actually when I put 0, it stays at 1 but shown 0

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. open volume settings
  2. change music to 0
  3. listen
  4. restart a game and open volume settings and it’s 1 instead of 0
1 Like

Hi there!
The “0” you see in your in-game settings, is actually a number with 7 digits. Don’t ask me why, but 1.500000=100% in-game, 0.010000= 1% in-game.

I think of 2 possibilities:
First one is that your volume is over 0.005000 (0.05%) even when you put the volume’s bar to “0%” so the game round it up to 0.010000 (1 % in-game) when it starts because values superior to 0.5 are considered closer to 1 than 0 (just basic math here)

Second one is that the game always round up decimal numbers to the superior value (2.4 becomes 3, 53.1 becomes 54, 0.7 becomes 1 etc…)

To solve your issue:
-Close your game
-Go there ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor ), obviously your path might slightly differ from mine.
-Modify the Game.ini with Notepad,
-Under [Settings.Audio], change the music number to 0.000000 (Music=0.000000)
-Save (ctrl + s)
-Start the game and enjoy!

-If you touch the in-game volume’s bar after this modification, you will have to do these steps again.

Cheers!

It’s a well known issue, and has been posted several times.

Let’s hope we will see a fix in a near futur.
I know we can’t disable it fully, and this can be boring for some players, and depending your config.

1 Like

Don’t forget, make a back-up of you ini, before each change.

And be aware that ini can be reset when game is patched.

But sliders and settings should work, that’s why it’s still a bug. But your workaround is very nice for those wanting listen some music, or some posters i remember feeling bad because of the constant sound. So thanks. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.