My Corpse Vanishes

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Offline
Region: North America
Hardware: PS4 Original

Bug Description:

My character was climbing towards the open hole in the ceiling in the back of Bin-Yakin’s Seal, when it slipped, and died; the character landed at the bottom of the cave. No grave marker appeared on the map when the character revived. When I returned to the scene of her death, I couldn’t find a body, though I checked the walls and the ground. I thought it was weird, but thought maybe I had taken too long to return (though I don’t believe it was longer than 5 minutes).

Later, I made a poor decision in Sepermaru while I was unprepared and underarmored. My character was murdered my a mob of angry villagers, but I didn’t see her corpse while I watched the revive timer. My spawn point is less than a minute away from Sepermaru, but I still couldn’t find a body when I returned, and again, no tombstone on the map to mark her death. I went into ghost mode to look for the carcass in the undermesh, but nothing showed up.

There was a third death in the volcano caused by heatstroke that didn’t stop even after I cooled my character off (separate bug report forthcoming). The death occured near the attuned obelisk, so I was able to return quickly. But the circumstances were identical: no death marker and no body.

Expected Behavior:

A grave marker should appear at the location of a character’s death and that character’s corpse should be found there, with their loot, at least for a period of time

Steps to Reproduce:

Each one of these death’s happened after the last update, 2.4.4. The manner of death or location doesn’t seem to matter. Just load up the character and die.

Note: I’ve disabled ‘Drop Loot Upon Death’ so the worst effects of this bug are mitigated.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.