New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

Alright. Since a bunch of us have armies with hundreds, maybe thousands of followers, will we have any tool to check how many followers do we need to dismiss or do we need to count one by one and hope to not miss anyone?

Funcom’s answer to this question is that they will implement a system like that eventually, but it will not be implemented as part of this update.

So the only thing you can do – before the patch and during the grace period – is to check this manually. One thing that can help is the thrall pot. You can place it down anywhere that isn’t inside other clans’ claim and check what thralls are inside its radius.

Of course, this will be cumbersome, arduous and error prone, but it should help, especially if you’re worried that you might have thralls stuck in foundations or glitched into the terrain.

And i hope it will tacke alot off time to level one folower to lv 20 so you have alot off time to replase them and pfase them out one by one.

We are about to wipe out our armies.
700 thralls dead, 400 dead animals.
We can understand the limit, but we have still written to @Jens_Erik that this limit of 100 should be reconsidered.
I think 200 is a fair number for a big clan.
We are also in favor of setting the decay timer to 7 days for Thralls and Pets to make players more active.
Yes, we know that some players will not find this good but you also have to compromise.

I have finally watched more of the developer stream. They said that different civilizations will level at different rates. So for instance, the Darfari will level rapidly, while our already-sturdy Votaries will level more slowly.

here guys: Follower Cap Yes/No

I have a full clan. We’ve been playing since the beginning, official PvE-C server. Each of us has at least one palace. Each is a work of art. They are spread across the map: Set City (3), Mounds, Volcano, Jungle, New Asgard (2), the Dreggs and the Sinkhole. Then we have placed public map rooms at each obelisk (and other needful places) as well as bridges, etc, as a service to the server population.

Let’s set aside the palaces for a minute and look just at the obelisk map rooms. If we protect each obelisk map with a skeleton crew of 5 thralls (we’ll forgo the dancers we’ve placed at each) that’s 50 thralls right there! (Nevermind the public map rooms/bridges/etc. we have in other useful places.)

Now let’s say we only place 10 thralls on each wall /cardinal direction of a palace (a minimum given the size of our palaces and the requirements of defending the exteriors against a purge). That’s 40 thralls per palace.

If each clan member were an independent player, he/she might JUST be able to defend a palace with the 55 per player allotment. But by joining a clan they have to give up 50 thralls. It’s not worth it. But what if they’re already in a clan? As the rules stand you can not leave a clan and take your stuff with you!

This thrall cap rule will have the following effects: it will destroy clans on PvE-C and PvE servers, and drive away the players on these servers who are in established clans. Once implemented being in a clan will be more of a detriment than a benefit. New clans will not be formed and old clans will be destroyed.

I suspect that the devs at Funcom are looking at the problem through the lens of PvP players. 99% of their energy seems to go toward evening out the battlegrounds for these folks. This is a mistake. I cannot help but think that a large part of their revenue comes through selling the DLC. We are the ones who buy the DLC. We should get more love and consideration from the devs!

On implementation: we should be able to tag the thralls we want to keep. Having them randomly disappear (gear and all) is an awful idea. We have too many to strip nekkid, and then we’ll have to pray that the ones we want to keep are the ones who survive. Especially since we have no mechanism with which to kill off the thralls and pets we would prefer to lose and bring ourselves within compliance.

1 Like

If you really want to know, here’s a non-exhaustive list of things I do when I log onto an official server:

• Go on a farming run to stockpile stone and/or wood for my next building project.
  • Harvest fish from my traps to press into oil and/or cook into ichor.
  • Go on a thralling run to catch any thralls I might be interested in. Yes, I actually do have a whole bunch of thralls in chests. I keep them there for two purposes: 1) use them in the future for my own projects (or to replace thralls that died), 2) give them away to people who need them.
  • Go raid NPC camps for resources. Lots of fun stuff you can gather that way.
  • Kill the Abysmal Remnant, because cooked abysmal meat is actually my favorite food. Yes, I know aloe soup is better, but this is what I like.
  • Run around Unnamed City killing bosses for fragments, kits and legendaries. You never know when a legendary will become useful or useless, or when you can trade it for something you want. And you can also give the spares away to those who want or need them.
  • Run around Unnamed City killing Relic Hunters for kits and hearts.
  • Do the Midnight Grove, either because it’s my favorite dungeon or because I’m running low on shadebloom.
  • Take 10-20 skeleton keys from my key storage chest, because it’s getting a bit full, and cash them in for legendaries. Keep spares in case I die and lose everything (happens occasionally despite my best efforts). Periodically give spares away to those who need them.
  • Do Klael’s Stronghold because I like the statuettes, or because I want one of the legendaries, or because I need to craft more Godbreaker armor.
  • Kill Feast-on-Flesh to have spares of Black Blood tools, just in case I die and lose everything, or I get distracted at the wrong moment and break a tool. Give away excess spares.
  • Run around the map to check out what other people have built. If I find something really nice, I take screenshots, compliment the builder if they’re online and talk about it in global chat so others can come and see it if they’re interested.
  • Refresh all the public map rooms I’ve built and the surviving builds from my clanmates that are currently not playing on that server but might come back.
  • Help out people who want to go do a certain dungeon.
  • If I’ve had inspiration and that inspiration culminated in finishing up a building design in single player, I’ll go an build it on an official server.

By the way, it’s not true that we don’t want to capture thralls anymore. On the contrary, this is a great time to go stock up on volcano thralls and put them in chests. Once the update hits, any thrall you had in a chest can be placed and leveled up, but their growth percentage is randomized. If you place a Kisthis and don’t like his growth percentages, it helps to have 20 more, so you can break this one’s bonds and try again :wink: Not to mention that any follower you have might end up getting killed despite your best efforts, so it’s always good to stockpile on spares.

Funny you should mention that. Yes, I do like socializing with clanmates and friends from other clans. But one of the things I really dislike about the cap formula is that it disincentivizes clanning up with other people. On PVP servers, there are several other incentives to balance this out. On PVE and PVE-C servers, the only real incentive is that you get clan chat channel. And I didn’t spend 140 dollars on a freaking chat client.

2 Likes

If the new thrall system are going to efect the hp on a thrall (Depending on you stay in a hot area ore a cold erea). Some changes have to come to. Ex the thrall have to carry more. Becouse the thrall have to protect them self. And i cant carry 4 set’s off armor. If we whant to travel from the hot desert up in the cold mountain.

And i hope the thrall limit wil be more then 100. 100 thrall is not much. I’am a pve player and i love how this game give me the opportunity to do the.
Now i am afraid i cant do thet any more. Becouse the castle nead protection (against the purg) but how can i do thet with a thrall limit?? I feel funcom trye to restrict thet. In the game trail they say: come play the game Conan exile. Bild up a imperium with a strong army to defend ure city…So what is a strong army. 20 people???
And this is what i have don. And i need all the thrall i can have, becouse the purge spawn inn all owher the place. Fix the purge spawn befor you limited the thrall’s we/i need for protection

Another “fun” unintended consequence is that if someone in your clan throws a temper tantrum and leaves the clan, you’re suddenly over the follower cap and you start losing one random follower every 30 minutes. Wheeeeee!

Absolutely. You can see that from their Dev Stream. When they addressed the question of breaking up clans or not joining clans because of the cap disincentive, their answer was to point out that there are other benefits to joining a clan. That’s absolutely true on PVP servers. On PVE servers, the only compelling incentives are the clan chat and help with making your purge meter go up faster. Both of those incentives are of dubious worth: clan chat is really only useful for gossip and some of us don’t want the purge meter to go up because we keep getting crappy monster purges instead of rewarding NPC purges.

You know what? Up until today I thought that Funcom’s business model was to profit from private servers, because that was a logical explanation for treating PVE players as second class citizens most of the time and making their official servers so … unsavory.

Turns out that today I read a forum post by a Funcom representative stating that they don’t profit from private servers. So now I’m back to not understanding their rationale. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hoping that this time it doesn’t get moved. You can choose up to 2 options:

• Yes
  • Yes “with reservations”
  • No

0 voters

Let’s see how many people really wants this !

1 Like

I voted No and Yes “with reservations”: I’m against this cap, but if it was much higher (let say 250-300 per player, 400-450 per full clan) then it would ok for me. (Yeah I know this numbers are just too high so that it’s almost the same of not having a cap at all, but less than that would awful for my taste.

Also consider that Archers are quite useless compared to fighters: if you have a cap limit, no one will use archers anymore, aiming to min/max their army.

I get what you’re trying to do, but it is a waste of time. It was obvious they were going to merge it here, and why wouldn’t they? Polls don’t really prove anything and aren’t persuasive, they just make people feel good, seeing that others agree with them.

1 Like

We just made a fast calculation, we have between 650 and 700 fighters all with armors, around 200 silent legion and 400 other heavy armors, the others have Godbreaker armor or other ones. So it means I can start taking them of for put them in chests being useless? Maybe dismantle them? Let them spawn away? Idk what you want me to do with them funcom? Just tell me, I’m really curious.
It’s a official pvp server, so you can imagine the wasted time.

3 Likes

Please no effects for cold and warmth at Thralls, otherwise I am soon that you can no longer enslave and that you have to master everything with a clan.
The idea is just terrible and then completely destroys the game.
I would definitely go to the game Citadel with my clan.
:frowning:

1 Like

Read the FAQ

It specifically says followers will not be affected by temperature…

The server I play on is mostly empty. I have been playing since near release and each of our clan members has their own large base. I bet we have 1000+ thralls, now we will be aloud 10 per base? I like the idea of the level system however I see the downside of it being that nobody is going to have pets anymore. Why would you level a pet when you can level a thrall that will get bonuses from armor and weapons. Pets will be useless, dancers will cease to exist because nobody will be able to waist what little amount of thralls they are aloud to have on a dancer. Oh currently we have maprooms and safe houses set up at every obelisk for people to use, each with a dancer so I guess we will have to get rid of those, which is an inconvenience to the server as a whole. Maybe the cap should be 100 thralls per square on the map

2 Likes

Read the notes from the dev stream…

They specifically say Pets will now be on par with Thralls.

Also you will be able to level a Dancer to Level 20 as it is a placeable thrall, imagine a extra healing corruption reducing 20khp bleed master…

Then there is star metal, it’s only good for making the armors for tralls. I have 5 chests full with star metal, I only can use 1 tool at once. So it means star metal is a thing I will never need to gather again next 20 years bc I only can use on tralls. I’m afraid the only thing left for me and my clan will be the dungeons over and over again… building something new? Why ? Can’t put protection on new buildings bc the cap. Making animal pen or greater wheel, done with that. Legendary weapons got 2000 of them, useless. Maybe we just open the game to talk little, I don’t see what else me and my friends can do in game.

Don’t see the problem with this post, it just says that for me and my friends it’s a important part of the game to be able to build and tame tralls, if we can’t continue to do it, we will get bored on server… but ok I understand that If i tell a opinion and it’s not liked it will be removed…
Funcom is the best , Conan exiles is great!!! Maybe that will help.

1 Like

That is not nearing world boss level, It is world boss level.

Rotbranch = 15687
Giant Crocodile = 17415
Giant Snake = 18372
Giant Reptilian Monstrosity = 19143
Sand Reaper Hive Queen = 19143
Rockslide = 19628
Demon Spider = 20871
Giant Spider = 20871
(Anos Preyfinder = 22605)
King Scorpion = 23529
Rhino King = 28680
Thunderfoot = 18372