New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

I agree. I’d rather see them wait and get this new thrall system rolled out with more advanced thrall tracking and removal features in place at the very start. Thralls regularly get lost, forgotten, stuck and buried deep in foundations, because the world just isn’t perfect, although I love it very much.

I really hope Funcom takes a second look at making this a bigger priority.

I’m excited for the changes, but would dearly love for them to roll out with the least amount of trouble and it does seem terribly unfair to all those who have thralls that get lost under floors, through no fault of their own.

5 Likes

Yeah, achieving quarterly financial goals is generally top priority, but who knows, maybe some clever guy there will figure this out after hours and they can shim it in for the release.

You didn’t read the thread, did you?

We’re not discussing losing the old thralls, but instead being stuck with them. The exact opposite of what you’re talking about.

More food for thought…

Another way the thrall genocide patch will be a problem is due to a long existing bug in the game. (Not sure if it was ever fixed). But it worked like this:

• You would have a follower set to [GUARDING]
  • A certain type of enemy would attack
  • Follower would chase down enemy and kill it
  • Follower would switch back to [GUARDING] mode, without returning to original position.

And now you’ve got so many thralls & pets who have gone chasing the moon while you were away. And if you didn’t find them? - They’re going to count against your thrall limit.

With the way things are currently set to be implemented, we’re going to get punished for Funcom’s buggy code.

5 Likes

After watching the Dev stream I was disappointed to see that the perks thralls can get are just stats bonus’s. Nothing interesting.

1 Like

The system will be fully modable. I am sure that there will be some mods in future changing exactly this :innocent:

1 Like

There was a comment on the stream that they were starting off simple with the perks.

Your questions were already answered in the FAQ provided by Glurin. Would take too long to re-word the same explanation.

I can absolutely confirm what the dev team is saying (why? because I’ve been dealing with the Follower system for a very long time and easily hundreds and hundreds of hours mod authoring Follower systems), considering the resources involved and it being one or the other (meaning maintaining legacy followers or doing new stuff), it’s far more worth their efforts to do the latter. Not even close.

This is probably the most confusing part of your statement though. You can toggle off the system as you desire.

Furthermore, you’re in Single Player. If you’re on PC, there are two different mods you can download so you could reset your Followers to pick up the new system. Even if that was not an option (because you are on console, or you hate mods for some reason), you’re again, in single player. Just spawn in the same follower with the Admin Panel. Lose a Follower because you forgot to turn off the system? Admin Panel. Don’t want to re-farm the same Followers? Admin Panel.

I totally understand why there are many players with reservations about the new system on official servers. But, you’re on Single Player. You can adjust accordingly with very little effort on your part.

I also understand, but farming is a big part of this type of game and if people don’t like farming I don’t really know why they’re even playing. You can easily collect 100 new followers before the system kicks in. (unless you for some rp reason want them all to be some special one)

1 Like

There are also some thralls that we have that have built up an attachment to over the time that we have been playing and would like to have them not just be redundant because of the upcoming changes

2 Likes

It will tacke time to level upp and replase them, and some you cant replase, they dont ■■■■ anymore of from a purge.

Not if you cant find them.

Hold up… If I’m not mistaken they added a mechanic a few updates back that made wandering thralls return to their original guarding position upon every server reset.

So what your saying is that the invisible thralls were originally placed in Guard setting within the mesh? This is why when the server resets the thralls all go back to their original Guard positions.

So logic dictates, if your thralls are returning to undermesh locations then they must have been placed in Guard mode within the undermesh…

Technically, if you originally placed your thrall in Guard mode in a safe place in the game then on server reset the code allows for the thrall to return to that position.

So its sounding a bit fishey that so many people seem to have placed their thralls on Guard mode in unreachable locations…

You know it’s just ones and zeros right? there’s another one out there with exactly the same name, looks and quirky AI you can put the same gear on. Even if they did transition over your significant other could still end up with the worst perks, wouldn’t you grind up another one anyway then?

Not if you or some old clan member have parked them somwher for some reason of they was put in along gone outspost!

Wait, are you implying your old clan members had placed the Thralls/Pets in undermesh locations before they left the server?

Cause if they placed the Thralls on Guard anywhere on the legit places on the map those thralls will all be reachable.

Sometimes when you place on guard they will run 1-5 meters away and stand there instead. Could be what is happening, dunno

All thralls are coded to return to their original Guard positions upon server reset.