New Game Launcher

Hey everybody,

While we’re reading all your responses, we would like to ask and remind you to be constructive and respectful in your feedback.
Also, we’d like to clear what it seems a common misunderstanding at the moment. This launcher does not substitute Steam, it is not a storefront, it doesn’t sell anything outside of Steam’s store and there is no intention to pull the game from Steam.
Thanks and please keep sharing your feedback with us. As long as it is constructive.

9 Likes

Another launcher huh? Must be a hip thing since everyone seems to want to have launchers these days. You fellas thought this was really necessary?

2 Likes

Steam’s updated visuals do eveything for you, there is NO NEED for this launcher. Steam shows all of the news, community discussions in the steam forums, screenshots, art and mods.

So instead of adding a launcher THAT NO ONE WANTED, how about fixing combat and AI. As of this patch i see nothing new except a new UI window for the thralls which is welcomed.

4 Likes

Very good thinking!!! But,I think, I now need a launcher for my game launchers…

1 Like

Hello, i only want to say no for new lancher , there is too much lunchers on the market.

1 Like

read the patch notes again:

and that’s only the AI and thrall section

1 Like

It’s one thing to read the patch and another to see to see it in game. In other words most NPCs still do not react when i shoot the from afar with a bow.

1 Like

so you tested on testlive? I can’t find your test result in the patch discussion, sorry

2 Likes

The lauchner is not needed at all, please inculde an option to block it even opening if you launch from steam. I also would like if it doesn’t even run in the backround.

Thank you for an amazing game!

1 Like

There’s nothing in the patch notes to indicate this would have changed, so that’s not a surprise.

As for the launcher, it doesn’t really bother me all that much - I mostly play on one server, so the Continue button will come in handy for sure. We can probably also continue to directly run the executable if so desired, bypassing the whole thing.

1 Like

It bothers me and many people, as some one else said, you launch a launcher that launches a launcher that launches a launcher for the game. Overall 3 launchers if you play trough GOG galaxy and 2 if directly trough Steam.

It’s annoying and no one asked for that. As for the continue button it could have been an added option for that small pop window when you hit PLAY on steam, you know the one that asks how you want to launch the game with battle eye or not.

2 Likes

and the new launcher replace exactly this little dialog box:

and adds some more informations and the Continue button

maybe funcom should rename the launcher to something like extended popup which already exists?

1 Like

You are missing the whole picture, no one wanted this, people want fixes, not additions like this that no one wanted, there is no QoL in this, it rubs people in a really bad way. Look at all the posts, people DISLIKE this.

6 Likes

Please don’t…

I’d much rather have some other things added and/or fixed, like a patch so that my thralls will stop glitching under the Red Mother when fighting her.

4 Likes

that’s litteraly not true. try to speak for yourself and I speak for myself. I LIKE the continue button and if they add the launcher close when game started I’m very pleased with it.

I would second this if not 90% of all the dislikes are new accounts which are forced to dislike it from an external source. most of the comments show very clear that the launcher description is not read and the whole system not tested on testlive from the authors. this is nothing I can take seriously

It’s a hard pass on the Launcher option. Already have enough!

3 Likes

Why are launchers becoming like streaming channels.? Please do not add a launcher to play your games. It is not required - the only reason I can think of your company wanting this is to spam ads to us. We have already bought your game. We can read patch notes off your website, give you feedback. Please do not add this bloat to the game, the cinematic is good enough

5 Likes

We don’t need this. We don’t want this. #nomorelaunchers

3 Likes

I can’t believe you just said “not true and speak for my self” , people WANT fixes not an additional launcher.

3 Likes

They’re forced? :open_mouth:

Does that mean someone is holding a pistol on their head and threatening them to post on a forum about it?

But anyway, I found a way to bypass the launcher completely, just need to create a shortcut of the game, and a command that directly connects to a server can be added into it which means only 2 clicks are needed to start playing instead of 20

3 Likes