Funcom Launcher is live (2021-03-24)

Greetings, Exiles!

With update 2.3 live since last week and hotfixed yesterday we have now activated the new Funcom Launcher on the live game. It will from now on run automatically as you start Conan Exiles from Steam, and mainly adds two pieces of functionality which we hope you will greatly appreciate:

• Mod management prior to starting the game
  • A “Continue” button option which skips the start-up videos (once assets are loaded) and start menu, taking you directly into the game on the server you played on last - or your solo or co-op game if appropriate

Additionally there are some useful links provided, such as patch notes, these forums, and our social media channels, and we of course aim to have interesting and frequently updated news/content.

Please do share feedback and suggestions with us, and of course any bugs you happen run into with it. We have some additional functionality on the backlog, but would like to hear your thoughts and ideas before we decide what to work on first.

16 Likes

Are you perhaps launching with Steam in big picture mode? The launcher doesn’t currently support controller input, and using that mode usually indicates a controller is being used so we then skip the launcher.

It’ll also be skipped if Steam is in offline mode.

Honest feedback - Hm…
So you can edit the modlist (in a user friendly way) without starting the game up. - Great.
But what exactly is the point? As it is right now, it doesn’t offer anything one could not do before, except having to click “once more” to start up the game.

Don’t get me wrong, but I am rather annoyed but another pointless launcher. It WOULD be way more usefull if you could actually do stuff people requested - like changing your funcom-id.

6 Likes

If you use the “Continue” button - which admittedly is not (currently) valid for all situations - there will be fewer clicks, not more (except the very first time). We hope to add additional functionality to it over time. Feedback and suggestions is very welcome. Changing Funcom ID noted. :slight_smile:

Besides that, visibility on what is displayed in the launcher is of course a big point, and we hope the updates you will see there over time will be of interest.

2 Likes

Aha, I gather it just didn’t push the small update for the activation immediately to everyone. Thanks for the update!

Yes, STEAM do not sent it to all. They release them in Waves, perhaps to prevent Server overload. So Patches could need some time to reach all Players in the World

So until them, have mercy with Questions that refers to that

1 Like

Its working pretty good for me. Playing on a server with 16 mods, had them already saved in single player mods - but now its even faster! Good work, thank you! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

after you implemented your useless launcher to steam, my game doesnt start anymore. well done well done. only reason to make this launcher is to advertise your other games and overpriced DLCs.
thank you for ruin one of my fav games

5 Likes

Hi there! Could you provide some details on this? What exactly happens, or not? Does the launcher itself not show, or does the game not launch when you click the “Launch” button? Do you get any error message?

i cant even read the whole error message … i dont know how u tested this.

the UE64 Conan Sandbox game has crashed and will …

that happens when i press launch or continue. it was all fine before your launcher was added.

1 Like

Thank you for the additional info. Can you please try run the game executable (ConanSandbox.exe) directly? It’s located in… [edited…]

Edit: not that one! :confused: I meant the one in \steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64

couldnt start:
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ConanExiles\ConanSanbox\Binaries\ConanSandbox-Win64-Test.exe
CreateProcess() returned 2

1 Like

Hey @Ashawna

Could you try verifying your game files to see if this fixes your issue?

To verify your files, right click on Conan Exiles on your Steam library, then go to Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity of game files.

If you try this solution, please let us know if it fixed the issue for you.

2 Likes

As for now the “Continue” button seems to have issues with DirectConnect-sessions (and the Server Transfer Mod) - at least on my end. However I can see the appeal here.

Now that I come to think of it - I don’t know exactly if the SteamAPI is even used on the launcher, or the mod data is gathered from the PAK files directly, but another really usefull feature would be a “check for mod updates” button on the mod config, as Steam currently seems to have issues keeping workshop stuff up to date for many users.

1 Like

Oh yes, lately the STEAM Workshop is acting up somehow

yeah worked.

i did this btw after your last big patch cause your last patch broke all my safegames …
hopefully i dont have to do this everytime now.

2 Likes

The new Hotfix working for me. Now the Continue (Weiter) was lit and it brought me right away to my last Server.

Just the Movies is still there. But i can get rid of this on my own

Thank you!!

Trowing his old selfmade Starting scripts in to the Trashcan

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience. Glad to hear the issue is resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like

or i exchange some “+” into “-” in some config files.