New Game Launcher

Well sh*t im sorry but this is stupid.

3 Likes

Please don’t add a launcher. This is seriously a terrible idea. We, the consumer, are already overwhelmed with other dev’s launchers. We already have access to everything the launcher will “give us access” to. Please, don’t do this.

14 Likes

I just registered this account in order to pass this particular piece of feedback on to you. I have 1352 hours in Conan Exiles, having bought it just a few days after it was released into Early Access on Steam. I own all the DLC except for the Khitan one, and am looking forward to purchasing the new DLCs coming this year.

I don’t want this launcher. I have way too many launchers as it is now. I passed on Rage 2, Metro Exodus, The Outer Worlds, Fallout 76 (kind of glad I did) and many others because they didn’t release on Steam.

If this launcher is pushed to become the “Default” way to purchase DLC, get news, etc you will lose me as a customer.

12 Likes

Why? I already have a launcher in Steam. I don’t need another launcher. It takes long enough already too get into the game having to sit through the Conan fight scene! Now you want me to sit through a duplicate news feed? NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! NO! NO! NO!
NO THANK YOU!
PLEASE FIX THE PLACEABLES SNAPPING BUG!!!

6 Likes

thanks for the launcher, that changes an fixes the other stuff you have to work on alot !

3 Likes

Needing an extra launcher is one of the negative factors I consider when thinking about getting a new game. There are games I would have purchased and decided not to because they required a new launcher.

If I didn’t already own Conan Exiles and was thinking about getting it, seeing that it required an additional launcher would be a major point against getting it.

15 Likes

NO! just no.

First off if you move this to it’s own launcher you MUST offer a refund to everyone who’s purchased this. If this moves off steam I will no longer play it.

Everyone i play with i keep in contact threw Steam. Will the new launcher have full steam integration including the ability to invite into server, set favorite servers, and chat outside of the game with people on steam?

Mods. Will the new launcher automatically update from the steam workshop every time an author updates their mods? Will it be just as easy for people creating mods to upload them into a centralized area for people to add them?

Stability/connectivity: Can you guarantee that users will have no regional connection issues and that it will stay stable always ready for people to connect to it like they can with steam?

All in all i ask that you please stop wasting development time on an unwanted and unneeded launcher instead put that time and effort into further polishing your product.

Thank you

8 Likes

Adding my voice to the camp opposed to the addition of a new launcher. I understand the allure of having a company specific launcher from a corporate perspective but the corporate perspective is not always the healthiest way to look at things for the good of the games.

10 Likes

Heyhey,

I am also not in the boat with the whole launcher idea. Its not helping the players at all and feels more like a boasting feature for funcom. This is DEFINITLY not helping anyone faster into the game and no one wants to install another launcher.

I do NOT play ubisoft games that need uplay. I do NOT play games that need any other launcher than steam or epic and the only reason i use epic is because its also my tool for working on game development.

9 Likes

Steam is all the launcher you need. Adding another launcher is just going to drive players away. The only way this will work is if you plan on leaving steam in which case you will be shooting yourself in the foot twice.

Any time steam directs me to another launcher I disconnect and uninstall the game that has it.

but hey you be you and do what you think is best for your company and I’ll be me and do what is best for me.

Cheers

11 Likes

There are too many launchers already and i can’t even play some of your games, so, it’s a no from me.
i only use steam because most of my games are already in there, i don’t want to open a launcher for every one of them.

But, if this gets rid of the annoying main menu leaving it as an optional launcher and i can log in directly to server i want from there, i might be open to accept it

4 Likes

me and a friend just recently started playing, honestly, after learning this we discussed the launcher, and this may push us to quit. we were originally thinking of talking a few friends into getting copies to play with us (we rent a private server for ourselves) but if this is coming, I cannot suggest it to them. nobody wants another launcher, every time a new one comes out, we have discussed them, and currently the only ones we have all agreed on have been steam, gog, Blizzard, and epic. adding this is just
 not needed. Please reconsider this, or make it only needed if you want to purchase directly through your launcher, as then that would be acceptable I think, as long as its not required to run with one of the other launchers.

2 Likes

NO NO NO NO NO! We don’t need a launcher and WE DON’T WANT A LAUNCHER! Everything it offers is taken care of by steam, following on twitter and belonging to the Funcom web site! The only thing it does do is cause more clicking and more memory to be used. You want to help with launching? Give us a toggle to turn off the opening cinematic!

10 Likes

Dear Funcom,
Regarding the launcher - this should be ABSOLUTELY OPTIONAL. We don’t want another launcher and we don’t NEED another launcher. Steam already provides a convenient way for you to post news and updates, DLC information - you simply need to use it. This will add overhead to our gaming experience we don’t need and also, we don’t want the launcher data-mining our PC’s for you to resell the information. If said launcher is forced onto us, we cannot launch Conan exiles without said launcher, there will be troubles. Refund requests, lawsuits etc should be expected. Or people creating wrappers to bypass the launcher. Please don’t implement the launcher. If you want an optional launcher to handle your MMO’s, fine. I personally picked this up in early access, have been more than tolerant regarding the unready state you guys went “full release” on despite many missing features advertised originally, so do us long-time supporters a solid and please work with us!

10 Likes

I created a forum account for this just because I HAD to let my feelings be known on the matter. Not another launcher. I know its the “hip” must have thing in the game dev community but everything you are putting in the launcher is already handled by steam. Its just unnecessary so please just scrap this horrible idea.

15 Likes

Will this FUNCOM launcher allow my Steam Family Sharing profile to work? In Steam, I can share the game with my kids without buying each of them their own game. Of course, only one of us can play at a time. If not, then all the hours will be lost on my kids account. Or will FUNCOM launcher allow the creation of sub-accounts under the main (the buyer) account? It would be devasting for us to lose all that work if this feature is not implemented correctly or not at all.

3 Likes

OMG!!! If you had been paying attention to gamers recently there has been a huge push back against launchers. We have Steam. We do not need another launcher. I refuse to use Epic, UPlay, Bethesda’s launcher, etc. You go down this route you will lose a customer. I was already iffy on this game after seeing what Funcom did to Anarchy Online. Then I hear your looking to sell out to TenCent. And you now what to push another button by adding a launcher!!!

8 Likes

Can we please not. Just no. this is time wasted that could be spent on literally anything else.

6 Likes

Hi,
I would prefer if there was not a new launcher as I have steam as the launcher and don’t need/want another one. I find games with there own launcher that starts when I run the game just a bigger problem and takes more time and clicks to get it working.

7 Likes

I think a new launcher is unnecessary. Steam already has a nice interface that provides news for new DLCs and patches right where the game is launched. Please, do not add this. Thank you.

7 Likes