Funcom Launcher... NO THANKS

I don’t know who made the decision to throw yet one more obstacle in our way to launching and enjoying our game, but the word backpfeifengesicht comes to mind.

Ive played AO, Secret World, Conan Unchained, and Conan Exiles… I am the sort of playerbase you want to reach out to.

That said.

In Conan Exiles, we are already hit with a cutscene that we cannot disable unless we remove files, now we get yet another launcher, from another game company, that injects itself between steam and the game we purchased…on steam.

My suggestion would be that if launched from steam, bypass the launcher. I launched conan, why are you making me launch it twice? This is frustrating and not exactly going to buy you any kind of brand loyalty from me.

Make my gaming more enjoyable, not more frustrating and I will continue to buy your games.

If I want your launcher, I will actually launch your launcher. For now, I do not.

Thank you for your consideration

11 Likes

IF I read correctly, using “the launcher way” allows you to skip the cutscenes (except the UE4 logo).

1 Like

Don’t need yet another thread on this. Just respond in the official thread where they specifically asked for feedback.

Chaoruk already summed up what you need to know. If you prefer watching the movies, not using the mod panel, not use the continue button, just take the 30 seconds it takes to make a shortcut to the exe in your bin folder of your install directory for the game.

2 Likes

I did not see another thread on this subject here in this forum or I would have responded there. Thank you for your input on the matter. Perhaps seeing multiple threads on the matter may show that it’s a little more important to some than tucked away and buried in some thread that I literally would have to go searching for.

If you prefer watching the movies, not using the mod panel, not use the continue button, just take the 30 seconds it takes to make a shortcut to the exe in your bin folder of your install directory for the game.

What if I prefer all those things but not having to launch my game twice? or be presented with another game launcher? Is that an impossibility?

Why do you appear to insist that I have to settle for this false dilemma you present?

Really? You sure it’s hard to find? At the time of this writing it’s a whole 3 (and me replying moves it to 4) posts below yours…

Read my statement again. I gave you the answer. So did Chaoruk. And it’s been posted all over the internet today.

1 Like

Your opinion on the matter has been noted. What else do you want.

It’s not an opinion. I’m GIVING you what you want. You can bypass the launcher all the heck you want.

Don’t know what it is about launchers that make you all so aggravated, especially when you don’t have to use the the thing if you don’t want to.

2 Likes

It’s not an opinion. I’m GIVING you what you want. You can bypass the launcher all the heck you want.

Don’t know what it is about launchers that make you all so aggravated, especially when you don’t have to use the the thing if you don’t want to.

Honestly, it sounds like you just like to argue. I posted a concern, shared by many others, especially in my community that are not posting here. Is this not the appropriate place to voice such a concern? You say you are giving me what I want but I don’t see a staff tag on your name. You are presenting me with a false ‘either or’ dilemma.

My intent is to voice, however small, dissatisfaction with their chosen method delivering this functionality. Now, you can choose to try and beat me up in the forum or browbeat me with “You can just go to the exe” it doesnt change that funcom changed the core function to launch their game launcher, akin to Epic, NCSoft, Ubisoft, et al.

You want to pretend that it doesn’t cause you to launch from steam and then again launch from their launcher, so be it. I stand by my point.

3 Likes

Like…English is not even my second language and I still can understand that there’s a way to ignore launcher just buy ******* creating a shortcut link from your ****** exe.

I don’t know why I keep have to repeat this but you understand my chief concern is not that I cannot do workarounds to what was implemented, right? And that my chief concern is being completely ignored by the rather aggressive responses here?

I’ve tried this and if there is a way to do this, I havent found it.

Multigun - I love ya bro but are you purposely misreading his posts now?

2 Likes

The launcher has broke launching game in steam on Linux steam using proton. Cannot even play the game with this not wanted in the way mess. Our group of 27 people on Linux
kde neon after update no longer can even play the game for some marketing ploy. Horrible.

It won’t skip cutscenes if you are using a lot of mods, that’s not new. Your PC is busy loading the mods during the cut scenes, and makes it unskippable. Using the launcher continue button, it will skip the scenes on its own the moment your mods are done.

For what i’ve tested, i get to play faster using the launcher than using the game exe

1 Like

Hey all,

Please use the thread below to send any feedback or issues you might find about the launcher.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes