Nice Bump Guys! GJ!

Not really. If the content is good, it keeps them coming back. Games are not (or should not be like blockbuster movies) where the first weekend is where the money is made. A well made game / update will get players to stick. A flash “newness” uptick then revert to old numbers is a negative sign as far as game loops and the actual quality of the product that was released.

2 Likes

please explain how it deserves it?

1 Like

It’s a MUCH better game and thus, deserves it.

Yes, really. Consider the actual context. The sentence was:

Nobody expects everyone from the free week to stay. That’s unreasonable.

which is 100% true.

Sorry deserves is not a result of opinion. Graphic wise sure it is higher grade, but aestheticakly valheims actually ties better to thier world. Valheim food system…lightbyears more intuitive than Conans.
Leveling, tied to hownyou play. So deserves is not the word. Should maybe is better, because of the money for dev. But deserves, ehhh.

2 Likes

Here is the problem. Yesterday, when the 21st person logged into my Official server, the ping rate doubled and the stuttering began. These servers are just that bad. I would love to see a resurgence of players, but Gportal is the worst on the market.

6 Likes

OK, I see… Yeah, I guess…

Better building, better PVP, better servers, more content, better character customization.

Valheim has ships, a nifty little parry mechanic, some weird wonky terrain manipulation, and snappoints, That’s about it. Everything else Conan does better.

I had to run about 20+ mods to get Valhiem to do what it needed to do, and even with a few playthroughs completing the game, I still got less than 200 hours played. Conan Exiles I went nearly 1000 without installing a single mod, and even then didn’t feel like I much needed to. I had to get my server provider for us to edit some .dll files to stop having desyncs between 3 players. This same server provider can handle a Conan server of 80 players with very little performance impacts.

Valhiem is ok if you want to get your viking fix… except you can’t really go viking. You fight mostly goblins, trolls, wolves, and plantdwarf things. How can you be a viking if you can’t raid some temples and villages for loot?

In Conan Exiles you can literally get what is good in life.

2 Likes

Valheim and Conan Exiles are both very enjoyable games with different approaches to some of their shared concepts.
No need to get into an online slap fight over whose fantasy adjacent survival game waifu is the prettiest.

3 Likes

Currently at number 27 - (It made it to number 25 for a bit there):

The 6th highest monthly gain:

The highest monthly peak in over a year:

The Free Week so far:

It’s 6:40pm in Austin, Texas.

I am not, so dont worry. I never take the cyber narcisist seriously. Just pointing out that when valheim had higher numbers than CE, the same experts said that didnt mean anything. Valheim does a whole lot better than CE on the survival front. I know because i enjoyed the way it approached everything and how it tied together. Again, deserves is a word earned, not given off of opinion.

2 Likes

Hey, we’re cheer leading here… we don’t need trash from other threads thrown around! Take that elsewhere please! PS bug reports hardly belong in a Steam watch party!

3 Likes

Really? How u define a karen , can u elaborate plz?

I think “a karen” refers to someone who makes a big deal about something little AND complains in an inappropriate way. ~=shurg=~ Please drop it tho - it’s off topic here anyway. Thanks!

Anyway, back on topic… Conan is raising up the charts… #24 in this grab (3:30pm in Austin, Texas):

And the free week is looking like this currently:

And they get a new achievement badge for highest monthly peak in 4 years:

Highest total gain in 4 years:

And highest percentage gain in 4 years too:

Good job and kudos to the @Funcom @Community!

1 Like

I dunno, I’m not the urban dictionary curator - but I suppose everything you’ve written in this thread so far would be considered by some as “little” and probably everyone would consider it inappropriate (ie. off topic). Can we please drop it now though?

Given the state of the game right now, I doubt a lot of these new and returning players will stay.

Bugs, cheaters, glitches, imbalance and now performance ruin this patch. The shop is way too expensive.

If Funcom does not come up with serious fixes, players will leave and Conan will drop into no name territory again.

5 Likes

To stick to the topic about numbers, these numbers could mean something if we knew how many new players entered the game, and how many will stay after a month.
In my official pve server, we did not had an inflow of new players…
A great return of old players occured there. This happened due to the fact that this update fulfilled one of the most requested aspects of this game (sorcery). I highly doubt that these will stay for over two months though… Once they achieve all content they will leave again.(i really hope not).
I also wish that FC will keep its promise and we get a new age when they said it will come with new content enough to keep players active for a couple of months …

The update has two things that really rock in my opinion and r game changers (especially for pvp) : a reasonable sized teleporter that can take from a to b and these r selectable, and the thaumaturgy bench… Even veterans now cannot identify the weapon or armor one wields and this is a really great aspect of gameplay as it means that u expect an x value to hit u when u see a weapon , but it can be anything within the range of the weapon type.

Other than that, there is nothing really exciting…

So lets hope the numbers @TeleTesselator posted r not something that will fade away…

Btw @TeleTesselator can u plz show us numbers in a periodically renewed base for a couple of months plz?? I think once every week would be nice i think… I am really interested to see how all these stuff that happened affected the playerbase…

1 Like

Right now we’re at 27,727 – a precipitous drop from yesterday where I observed 35,000 plus. Still, we’re kicking the ass out of RDR2 today. (By my calcs, every game is down today.)

2 Likes

On how many will stay, it’s typically 8 to 10% across most games if nothing else significant (like a sale, more free stuff, or etc.) happens - so that’s about what to expect. The thing to keep in mind is that the data-points are samples taken a few times per hour and do not account for unique accounts. So a bit of guessing and some math is needed to estimate that.

For example if we assume the average player stays on line for 2 hours then we can use the sample point numbers at each two-hour interval and add them together, or if we assume the average session is 4 hours then add the numbers at each 4 hour sample point… to get the total number of unique players for the day.

Something a little more difficult to guess is how many were unique across the days being looked at. Certainly some people didn’t play every day of the graph section we’re looking at. But when it’s a free week or some other special case it’s hard to know. During a more normal sample run we can guess averages of something like 2 days a week or 3 days a week - something like that. And then segment the data in 7-day chunks further making the assumption that almost everyone plays X number of days per week (same as the individual does every week). etc.

1 Like

Ty for fast reply @Barnes , can we please have a graph of a whole year ? I would like to see the declinasion/elevation curves in a more distant period, and compare them on how 3.0 spiked up…

If u can do it i would like to see it plz

Done!

What’s disheartening is the crest to trough distance. I’m not crazy about the ebb and flow this time, BUT it’s way better than at Launch. At Launch we were neck-a-neck with Rustola, then it just petered out.

Same Color Key as above

2 Likes