No internet connections since the recent patches

Game mode: [ Online private ]
Type of issue: [ Misc - CONNECTION ]
Server type: [ PvE]
Region: [America]

Prior to patches live server and test server were able to take connections fro LAN and internet. post patches, the servers only allow connections from the LAN. internet players report timeouts and unable to connect. Both servers show up in the list of servers, both are able to report the correct number of users online and sometimes report the correct ping.

Nothing has changed except the live server went from windows 7 to Windows 10 due to patch breaking windows 7 clients and servers.

Test server remains exactly the same with Windows 7, but now without crashes on launching the dedicated server.

I’ve checked to see if there are new ports being used, but have not been able to determine anythoug outside of the 27015, 7777-7778 ports that were pre-existing and working before.

I noticed someone mentioning they could connect with VPN, which makes me wonder if there is something borked in the code that may only allow certain regions to connect, causing a lockout of anything that is not on the lan, but that’s a longshot wild guess.

There are alot of us having this connection issue…

Funcom’s server is apparently reporting bad connection info for private servers.
If users direct connect to IP:7777 they shoud be able to connect.
At least, this worked on my server.

try this to begin with this its a common problem across servers ATTN FUNCOM / GP: Here’s your workaround for players stuck in “Lost connection to server” loops. Also, (some) help for players with this issue

The IMORTANT STUFF : If you are running a dedicated server and need a copy/paste example, you can add the following lines to your …\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini file:

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=300

[/Script/HTML5Networking.WebSocketNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=300

It won´t have any demerit whatsoever since the only thing it will do is give the players higher chance to join because of a longer time before timeout.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.