No sound in game after joining discord lobby (singleplayer or multiplayer) is there a fix?

Basic Info:

Platform: Game Pass
Issue Type: Sound
Game Mode: Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Server Type: Any
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: None
Mods: None

Bug Description:

There is no in game sound. In the menu I have sound but once im in any game the sound stops. I searched all forums and tried every method I could find but none helped. I even did a hard reset on my PC and deleted everything with a clean Windows 10 install. I redownloaded the game and I figured out how to get the sound playing in game by switching the in game audio’s default setting to my headset (it is a bluetooth steel series headset). But once I got into a discord lobby the sound stopped again. Now when I try to get the sound in Conan to play again prior to me joining discord, it doesn’t work and I’m back to square one. last note is if I play Conan through the TV it will work.

Bug Reproduction:

Clean install of Windows 10 and Conan; Started Conan and switched default output audio to one of the bluetooth headset settings and it worked; turned on discord while Conan was running and joined a lobby in discord for chat; Conan in game sound stopped working; Left discord and completely turned it off; restarted Conan to see if I could get the audio in game working on any setting (singleplayer or multiplayer) and doesn’t work anymore.

Sounds like a Discord settings issue. Try running Discord in admin mode.

Discord reset your sound, not a Conan issue.

Wish I could help, I’ve had sound issues crop up before but just banged on things till I fixed it; went through various settings clicking things.

I appreciate the responses, I messed around with it and now I can get singleplayer to work as long as i’m not in discord but I still can’t get multiplayer to work. I get into a lobby in Conan and the sound is there for 3 to 5 seconds and then it cuts off again. I’m starting to think this is an issue with the microphone settings but I can’t narrow it down. I can play the game through my TV when the sound is chosen for it but as soon as I switch it to my headset it stops again. Still currently using a bluetooth connection and I don’t have any issues with any other games. running both the game and discord (and a combination of them) in admin mode didn’t work. I’m hoping one of the developers can recreate this issue to help me out.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.