Not happy with TebCent affiliation with Funcom

I’m not happy that FunCom has affiliation in partnership with Tencent,

This affects how I feel about FunCom and puts it in a negative light.

1 Like

I flagged this so that it would be moved to General Discussions.

Twenty-nine percent of Funcom’s stock was bought in a deal that Tencent paid a premium for. I don’t think they’re in the business of overpaying unless the thing they bought is doing well enough already.

If it were a controlling interest, that could be something to ponder, but this is just an investment right now. They have roughly 18 bil in cash and cash needs to be put to work.

The thing you have to keep in mind, is that tencent is buying media and entertainment, to push their political agenda. It’s not just about making money it’s about impacting social values. All that is coming to fruition with what’s happening to Blizzard.

I cannot support companies that are affiliated and are controlled are dictated that have interest that go against my core values.

And this might sound a little over-the-top, but I’m just simply not putting my money two organizations are interest, that support communism in any way shape or form.

And I also realized that my $250 investment over the last two years with DLCs and gift copies of the game, don’t amount to anything or the 600 YouTube videos that I have created of content.

But due to recent events, and the dep’s of which China has influenced are Western Society. It’s something that deeply concerns me.

I also realized that this post is probably going to get blocked.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the thing. You don’t want to piss off your investors. Which means even though Tencent doesn’t have a controlling interest, that doesn’t mean they don’t have influence. Given recent events, people’s concerns about the issue are well founded.

3 Likes

Hey there,

This is neither a bug report nor a new topic.
To continue discussing about this, please use this previous thread: