Official server 8081 PVE- Character Data Missing

Game mode: [ Select one: (Online official)]
Type of issue: [ Select one: Bug ]
Server type: [ Select one: PvE ]
Region: [ North America]
Hardware: [ PS5 and PS4-Pro]

Bug Description:

My character is not available after server crash/reboot. Kicks me directly to the character creation screen

Expected Behavior:

I expect to be able to play the character that I originally created and was playing

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Have server crash.
  2. Have server be offline for 24+hrs.
  3. Have yourself and your clan mates enter multiple zendesk tickets about the downed server.
  4. Get no response from game company.
  5. Have server come back online but character data is gone.
  6. … frustrate player base with non responsiveness and dismissive resolutions.
5 Likes

Game mode: [(Online official)]
Type of issue: [Bug ]
Server type : [ PvE ]
Hardware: [PS4]

Bug Description:

My character is not available after server crash/reboot. Kicks me directly to the character creation screen

Expected Behavior:

Expect to log in an play a character I created and spent time devolving.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Server crash.
  2. Server be offline for 24+hrs.
  3. Sent zendesk tickets re the downed server.
  4. Come back and only allowed to create a new character
3 Likes

Game mode: [ Select one: (Online official)]
Type of issue: [ Select one: Bug ]
Server type : [ Select one: PvE ]
Hardware: [ PS5 and PS4-Pro]

Bug Description:

Expected Behavior:

A functional game?

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Have server crash.
  2. Have server be offline for 24+hrs.
  3. Have your clan mates enter multiple zendesk tickets about the downed server.
  4. Get no response from game company.
  5. Have server come back online but character data is gone.
  6. Continue hoping crappy game with crappy customer support gets fixed so i can continue being trapped in a sunk time fallacy.
  7. Play red dead online. At least i can log in.
3 Likes

To add to this…

I have logged in with a second account. Created a new character and ran to where my base was located. when I arrived, half the doors still have my clan name, the other half say no owner. Same goes with most of my crafting stations.

Any station that had a t4 crafter on it shows no owner and is empty. Anything with a t3 crafter is still flagged as clan owned and is inaccessible

I died from fall damage and when it went to the respawn popup it wouldn’t respawn once the timer hit 0.

So I logged out and back in on the second account and was again kicked straight to the character creation screen.

The server is BROKEN!!! It needs a rollback!

1 Like

@Community Any info on this? Seems worrying to say the least.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Same server.

1 Like

Hi have you all submitted reports through zendesk
@Dana any info?

Yup. I’ve submitted through zendesk.

I checked a few other bases near mine. Some have unclaimed doors or craft stations and others are still claimed

Anything showing no owner is completely empty and the others have clan claims so I assume they still have stuff

2 Likes

It sounds like a similar issue to the one that @Croms_Faithful and a few others have. The thing is he plays offline single player in EL. So I don’t know if it could be related. But might be worth having a quick browse through his topic just in case.

Can anyone see if the frames, and foundations also display no owner?

Yes there is definitely something strange going on with the servers. PC, and Xbox also seem to be experiencing widespread issues. I think they are closing threads so people go through zendesk.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for all your reports. We are working together with G-portal to understand what caused the issue.

In the meantime, could you share your character name and clan name with us? Feel free to reach out in private if you prefer.

We’ll get back to you in this thread once we have more information.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

Our team determined a rollback to an older database to avoid character loss. Therefore, the server has been rolled back to the backup from Friday 6.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues after the reset.

Thanks for understanding and for your support.

7 Likes

Do you still need character names and clan info seeing as you just rolled back the server? Thank you for fixing the problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt update and solution. I appreciate the efforts

1 Like

Greetings,

We would still like to know the characters and clan names as our team will continue to investigate what caused the collapse of the server data.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

@Mayra Good Afternoon went on last night and everything is working, the game is very glitchy still taking a long time to load.

1 Like

Sent the info via a pm

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback we’ll forward to the team that’s working on the server.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issue after the rollback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.