Pak file corrupt or tampered with

Greetings,
I installed the game and started to play few days ago, and i have a repeated error that occur when playing : "01:22:43: Starting BattlEye Service…

01:22:47: Launching game…
01:22:50: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don’t cause problems with the game.
01:22:50: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\urlmon.dll”."

After, the game close itself and i have a pop-up saying this : “Pak file corrupt or tampered with. Please use steam option verify integrity of game files to repair game install. Exiting…” but the problem is that i made a files verification a lot of times, and nothing changed. I uninstalled the game and installed it again, same issue after a few minutes/hours.
Maybe do you know how to fix it ?

Maybe your AntiVirus is blocking some files? I found a similar issue in the forums for DayZ and it was caused by BattlEye’s access being blocked by a Firewall.

In the forums for Rainbow Six Siege, it was suggested to update your Windows and reboot your PC.

It seems that this issue pops up in quite a few games which are running BattlEye. You may want to google for more solutions if the above suggestions don’t solve it for you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.