Pak file corrupt or tampered with

This error started chasing me for all time I’m playing right now.

I started to play in May 2018, but never seen that error for all 150+ hours. After first end of all story I ended to play and now, after time I see new mechanics, new patches and trying to play again. Now every hour or less I see that error.

Maybe it’s happening because I installed one of new patches, it’s The Savage Frontier Pack, but not sure, I reinstalled the game 2 or 3 times.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: Russian

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. It happens every 5 mins - 1-2 hours time range, or just with try to connect to the server, or start the single player.
  2. Integrity verifying files in steam does not help, it says that all files is 100% fine, it only helps to connect if bug don’t get me on the server, but it’s useless help if this error comes every hour.
  3. Re-installing game does not helping too.
1 Like

Some days I don’t have it, other days I have it several times in just a few hours, validation time included in that. And it can happen anywhere. Official Server, Dedicated, Single Player and I even had it in the Main Menu.

1 Like

Hey @Nari_Page

Could you try doing a fresh reinstall of the game files? We’ve had some reports of this issue in the past and most of the time it was caused by some game file acting up. If that doesn’t help, could you specify what error message you get so we can look into it in more detail?

1 Like

Hello there, I’m not sure, but what means “fresh reinstall”? I deleted game from the Steam 2-3 times and installed again, or I need to delete something else after this deleting?

Error message for all time is: “Pak file corrupt or tempered with. Please use steam option ‘Verify integrity of game files’ to repair game install. Exiting…”

Hey @Nari_Page

By fresh uninstall we mean deleting the game and any saved folder it might leave behind after uninstalling.
Once you reinstall it, could you try as the error suggests and check the integrity of your game files as well? (by right clicking the game in your Steam library > Properties > Local Files) We would also suggest running a cleaning program such as CCleaner Light to clean up any registry issues that could remain in your system that could affect your game files.

Are you subbed to any old mods at all? Even if you are trying to just get on official servers, a corrupted mod file loading could cause issues like that in theory. Check the workshop to see if you are subbed to anything and try unsubbing from any past mods you may have subbed to.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.