Game mode: Online-private, my own server(server on a separate machine)
Type of issue: crash - error
Server type: server is listed as PvP but I have PvP effectively turned off
Region: North America(United States), other regions excluded.
.pak file corruption. Don’t know what that is and I don’t really care. It is apparently some file necessary for the game to run. It frequently becomes corrupted and must be replaced via Steam file validation. It has happened 3 times in the last 3 weeks. The whole process, validation and download, takes about 45 minutes to an hour every time and is extremely inconvenient.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- I cannot reproduce this bug at will, buddy, I wish I could.
- I start the game and the game kicks me out with an error message, that my .pak file is corrupted and that I have to run Steam verify to fix it.
- It is indeed .pak file corruption though.
- As when I run the verification process, the steam client does indeed find an error and have to download the file again to fix it.
- This has happened once every week since I came back to playing the game. So three times in as many weeks.
- It is getting old now, much more of this and I may quit again. I can handle some bugs. But after a while things like this begin to eat away at the illusion and the interest fades as a result.