Pak File Corrupted or Tampered With

I keep getting Pak file corrupted or tampered with crash randomly throughout my gameplay. Only thing that seems to fix it temporarily is verifying files but, so far, it always comes back and makes the game unplayable until I reverify files.

I do not play with mods nor have I ever tried installing any. I moved the game to another drive thinking that would help but it hasn’t.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I know pak file issues happen due to a variety of reasons but you should error check your drive to make sure it’s not a hardware issue, drive errors can cause corrupt files. You can google how to error check your SSD/HDD, make sure the error check looks for and repairs bad sectors.

1 Like

Checked all my drives for errors and none were found. Conan is also the only game I’ve ever experienced this sort of error with. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Go to ...\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Content\Paks
Sort files by date modified.
Delete the ones at the top going back as far as you can remember not having this error, then delete a few more just for good measure.
Verify files to replace them.
If you keep getting this error, then delete every file in the folder. This is the nuclear option, as the pak files make up a large chunk of the game’s entire installation.

2 Likes

It was more of a suggestion so you could rule it out - and if it WAS the drive then pretty much anything else you tried would have been pointless because the hardware would continue to have the same issue and cause the same problem.

Hopefully what Tephra suggested will work.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.