PC Crashing by opening chests

Hey Community,

I had troubles in early game by opening the very first chest and my entire PC did shut down and restarted. This happened three times and then a guy from Epic Games Support told me to verify my game again. I did this and it worked but now on the second chest i just found I wanted to open it and my PC crashed again. Do you have any ideas to fix that?

Thanks already to anyone who tries to help!
Flobbit

If you need my PC Hardware Information:

Windows 10, CPU: Intel I7 8700k CPU-Kühler: BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 Graphics Card Radeon RX Vega PowercolorRed Dragon Motherboard: LPX MSI Z730 Gaming Plus RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO Power Adapter: BitFenix Whisper M 550W ase: Fractal Design Meshify C

Hello Flobbit, welcome to the community!

Does this behavior only occur on the first chest, or with any chest?

If you’re running the game on windowed fullscreen, could you please try fullscreen mode instead?

Hi Hugo,
I just reinstalled the game and to answer your questions: This issue occurs at any time I am going to open a chest. I actually had the game at windowed fullscreen and I changed it to fullscreen but my entire PC crashed again.

Thank you for getting back to us, we’ll relay this information to the developers, apologies for the inconvenience!

This is the same problem as on xbox one x, developers do not pay attention, the problem is 8 months old,developers scored. (sorry for the translation)

I appreciate that but may I ask how long it is going to take to fix this issue because obviously I want to play the game again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As an update to this matter, the chest crashing should be addressed in the upcoming patch, hopefully it’ll fix all instances of this issue!