PC June Update - Discussion Megathread

Aye, I personally welcome the fact that the time interval has been extended to six months! The past was characterized on the one side by great but on the other side with very half-baked or simply bugged expansions at the same time.

In my opinion, Conan Exiles is still a good game with a lot of potential. Personally, I would rather receive a few very good expansions every six months than the way things were made before.

So basically the game switched to maintenance mode
 even more time between updates, wich were already a joke, I mean 15 to 30 days hotfix? lmao

no battle pass, basically no new contente, what is it there to do ingame?

2 Likes

recipe or just pieces ?

Honestly, that’s just standard corporate-style communication in these situations:

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here1

7 Likes

congratulations, really nice spin
 what you guys do worse is to insult people intelligence, trust me you guys are terribly bad at it.

1. you ended an event without even telling people its going to end, (you should have left a reward guy in both maps so people can use their gnarled fangs) no one was expecting a change like this, so you ended up harming people who were slowly building their Gnarled fangs to buy all of the rewards in one go, now those got a bunch of fangs they grinded, and no rewards.

2. your communication as a company is getting worse and worse. based on whats going on, there is no documented change to thralls Stats, yet i am hearing reeports of people thralls getting nerfed. Please, give us PROPER COMPLETE changelogs PLEASE!

3. removal of battlepass, dont think for a minute people don’t SEE it coming, it wil lmake you look a lot better if you come up with the real reason behind the decision , (like it was not profitable? ) dont come around that you are moving assets out of the battlepass team, which is mostly comprised of Artist, their content was distribuited some were to BP, a smaller ammount to free content, and the rest for the bazaar. the system was already made, and the only thing you needed to do was to replace the items and the background of the bazaar pages. done pretty quiclky
 also funcom said that the team you have for conan exiles is small, (ie not a large team).

4 . you came with the same event as age of sorcery, heck based on what people are saying even the thralls rewards remained the same, so basically this update brings a few new items, and the rest is the same? , shame on you funcom.

1. start by having a decent QA, wich you DONT HAVE

LOL! quality in the last year has been missing from funcom dictionary, lets get real quality , besides the artist you guys have working (which they are AMAZING) quality has not been a thing for this company.

how long has passed since the last update?
how many bugs have you sorted and fixed?

no it doesnt.

8 Likes

basically, if there is nothing to do for you, there is mods. that is the future of this game quite frankly. i know alot of people want the vanilla conan experience, but then they complain about that experience. they want the game that “funcom intended.” well, we see what that game plays like.

that’s not a shot at you, just a reply to your question of “what is there to do ingame”

4 Likes

Another general comment from me - and I would like to emphasize that I don’t mean to personally attack anyone here:

For an outsider, such criticism may be justified on the first look, even if I find the tone of some people a little harsh 
 However, I would like to remind everyone of you that we have no insight into Funcom’s company internal developments and management guidelines and orders. And if it were so easy to obtain “skilled staff” at a decent salary, then we would not have a shortage of skilled workers in information technology and computer-based economic sectors in many parts all over the world. :man_shrugging: The employees may not be able to do anything about the development of one of their computer games if, against all expectations, their budget has suddenly been slashed - and no, as outsiders we will never find out about something like this in a timely and binding manner because such things are internal company secrets and someone can usually be dismissed from a company if they even hint at something like this in public.

2 Likes

It was like a full MONTH for the last hotfix

Forgive me - but your post sounds very much like an apologist running to the support for Funcom’s poor decisions with this property. As someone who has played this game (some off and on) since launch, I can tell you that any of the economic strings that are being pinched at Funcom are directly to do with poor management of this property. Whether we see it, or not, they have failed to understand, hear, and value their player base. As such, the majority of the players have moved on. What does that do? Well 
 that reduces the budget even more.

They have made the bed that they are in. Now they have to lie in it. And listen to those of us who really love the game tell them what we think about the steps they are taking to destroy it.

4 Likes

With the drastic drop in player numbers, the game has become unsustainable.

Removing the Battle Pass was a terrible decision, just as obvious a mistake as switching from selling DLC packs to running a bazaar.

Without the hype from new chapters, the game won’t see any player spikes, and without players, more official servers will be shut down. Private servers will start disappearing too.

Can overpriced cosmetic items keep the game alive? Probably not.

Between Conan, Soul Mask, Pax Dei, Enshrouded, and other upcoming games, which one will new players choose?

The moment we feared has arrived—Conan Exiles has entered maintenance mode. It’s time to reconsider if it’s worth investing time, money, and effort here.

2 Likes

1st: they said they needed to move out from DLC into store to keep the lights on.
2nd: they said chapters will last 3 months, and each age will have 3 chapters, , so 9 months per age.
3rd : they said they needed to add a new chapter to age (age of war chapter 4 came), so they had the time to do what they wanted.
4th: now they want to keep chapter 4 for
 only god knows for how long) and want chapters to last 6 months. will a single age last 2 years?

i mean i am not going into other stuff. but it looks to me, they dont know what they are doing, they say something then suddenly they change direction, i honestly dont have any idea where this guys are heading.

the size of this update, is just ridiculous . really
 i was expecting something with more substance.

changelog looks poor, bug fixes not even there. undocumented changes, i have heard of a few.

1 Like

I know this has been a thing but is often rebutted. In your humble opinion, why have you come to this conclusion?

1 Like

I think you may be right. This does - very much - feel like the last nail in the coffin.

Perhaps the best we can hope for is an investment into this game again. But as Conan Exiles 2. On a new physics engine, and perhaps supporting multiple maps (legacy ones included). They could start from scratch, with a newer, modern physics engine. And work diligently (HOPEFULLY) to not tumble into the same pitfalls they’ve had with this game property. Maybe bring back some of the original game designers that added so many of the good systems and good mechanics that have been donked up along the way.

1 Like

i would like to request, the ability to pull our assets (buildings and clans) and be imported to single player or to a private server

thank you.!

1 Like

To me, it seems obvious. A decline in players leads to a decline in revenue. However, the costs of running the game remain the same. So, they’ve reduced their costs, extending the time between new content releases, removed the Battle Pass, and created an event cycle system to rotate existing content instead of developing new content (maintenance mode). Less content will attract even fewer players, further decreasing revenue, necessitating more cost cuts. Ultimately, it’s unsustainable.

Conan Exiles desperately needs players who experienced the game at its peak. Unfortunately, those players are gradually disappearing.

2 Likes

It’s not steep from the steam chart but it’s definitely downward trend since the new paradigm and walking away from the DLC model. It’s been since Jan 2019 that we have dropped below 10k.

Yeah and to make it worse, I remember that they were stoked in the ability to provide content on this type of schedule and focus on these things for a continuous revenue stream so that the quality would get better than the investment model of the DLC. Now they have removed the primary means to provide economical content (battle pass) and delay in the releases due to quality issues (IE the money wasn’t reinvested back into the production, it was absorbed elsewhere and the quality suffered for it as the teams were getting burnt out. I have seen this happen in myopic decisions in manufacturing to try to turn a quick profit or get the books ready for a sale.

4 Likes

I miss what Conan used to be, that’s for sure.

A slow down between chapters has been requested often of late and that is due to lack of quality. They’re not a AAA studio with serious financial backing 
 they’re owned by Tencent.

But that’s where anyone would be concerned as Tencent has an almost pristine track record of zombifying the companies they black hole. Despite being one of the most influential and wealthy companies in the world.

This is just another gap in their ability to effectively market too. A teaser 2 days ago, where? X? Then hard drop an update with no warning.

Wow.

5 Likes

Alright, so we got an update and news the BattlePass experiment had been judged and found wanting.

The Pros

• My client did not crash constantly after this update
  • My servers did not crash constantly after this update
  • I have seen no reports of inaccurate bans due to Crom coin purchases
  • Headhunting came back and I could finally use all those skulls and Obos that have been sitting around
  • A six month release cycle will, hopefully, mean fewer complete disasters on release

The Cons

• The hunt is over, too bad for folks who could not dedicate their lives to the insanely grueling ROI to get “rewards.”
  • The new dye bench still exists
  • Split stacks still have to be put on an empty inventory slot
  • I finished the entirety of the Bounty Rewards in an afternoon due to my previous stock of skulls and Obos
  • No additional action based emotes (The Swan dive is, easily, one of the top highlights of Age of War)

Conclusion-like-sentences
Yeah, I don’t know. This past age has been one set of terrible ideas poorly implemented after another and so few bright spots, I would have rathered nothing was done and all the time spent on content add.

Twice in the last age I have stopped playing the newly released beta out of disgust. I normally spend the couple of weeks between beta and release starting a new playthrough and testing changes.

I even stepped away from Conan live a few weeks back because there was no reason to play and the new and introduced bugs along with the mind-numbing grind of the Hunt brought me no joy.

Conan has lost its way and, what is sad, is it never had to. Every action, every decision has consequences and it feels like zero risk mitigation has been applied to any of the changes in Age of War.

So, now we wait to see if stability can win over flash and the game can return to something that was not a chore to play.

I don’t have an answer.

8 Likes

I can’t speak for the community, but as for myself, I understand that there are times when setbacks and mishaps occur. But one thing that would help keep the community ‘less angry’ is continued communication. Talk to us. Keep us up to date as to what is going on. We may not like bad news, but its better than no news.

So, thanks for posting the upcoming Q&A. I’m sure everyone has lots of questions.

8 Likes

The game is UNPLAYABLE and totaly Broken in current state. We sink under floor and must relog after 5 min play, FC you have messed the game up totaly. on we server 1027 all the old gamers cant be in their bases. DO SOMETHING PLS

1 Like