PC Patch (07.05.2020) - Update 40: Followers II (AI stances and command system) + The Architects of Argos DLC pack!

cant they fix the voice chat system instead the thrall

I deactivated all mods and could play, but all animals and npc animations stutter in some distance. If I approach them, the animation is fluid again. (singleplayer)

2 Likes

playing it with out mods is boring

What are thrall default and actual behaviours / tactics please? We need to see this in “stats” of the thralls.

1 Like

Same problem (also PVE) - animals and npcs are stuttering until you reduce the distance. But apart from that - the game runs much smoother. Well done Funcom-Team!

1 Like

This new thrall system will take some getting used to. With the Thrall set to aggressive and with some range he wont follow you anymore even if you run far away but he will stay and fight. I had my lvl 5 Lian try to take on the whole of new asagaarth
 there was no way for me to get close to him so after i died it was even worse. Since that was his new “anchor” spot he considered about the whole of new asagaarth as a valid target so kept fighting.
Someone else from the server had to come help me kill enough enemies around him so that i could reactivate follow mode and switch him from aggressive to defend me as standard behaviour. After that i could run out and he would follow me like before. Pfew that was scary!

I just tried to remove mods one at a time. Doesnt work.

You need to remove them all so the game is in a default state.

The update now works and i have access to commands.

By default anytime there is an update to the core game- turf the mods until either they get updated or they are tested to work correctly.

Server type- private online multiplayer

1 Like
  1. NPC and animals at a distance move stuttering, wrote about this above.

2. Sabretooth cats attack the bear. This has not happened before.

3. Purge has not begun, although the Purge meter has been filled to the limit for a month, if not more. This issue has been discussed on this forum many times, but there are still no fixes.

Single player, no mods. Sorry for my English.

3 Likes

Yep, aggro range and commitment of beasts is greater, but you can get rid of them because they will turn on each other!

Decor placement fix seems to be working quite nicely. The King’s Board lives again! :smiley:

6 Likes

Any one else having issues with Thralls dying i already lost 4 just moving from point a to b no mobs attacking they just drop dead

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this patch a lot, thank you! also, the argosean DLC is awesome, the heavy armor is just beautiful, my only complain about is the lack of javelins.

I still need more time to play with it but so far it feels nice, kinda messy though.
i would recomend to map a new default key to make orders to thralls, as the e tends to be used for a lot of other interactions. This could come,as i said, by default with the game but players can also do it in the control options menu.

i still don’t understand quite well how fight and chace distance actually work so i wouldn’t be using those for the moment, testing them in SP made my thrall unresponsive, but could have been something else.

so far, a good patch.

just one question, is there gonna be a year 3 dlc pack?

PD: are the mobs past the champion of the arena in the warmaker sanctuary are supposed to fight among them?

A few issues I’m seeing:

• Now that the falling damage has been fixed, the bug that puts an admin about 50 meters up in the air when teleporting to the western regions of the map (i.e. Sepermeru, Klael’s, etc.) really could use a fix as it’s a death sentence if you port without god mode enabled.
  • When you have a mount following and are on foot, the mount is waaaaay too close, and there’s no radial menu option to tell them to stay further back.
  • While the command to prioritize ranged vs melee is nice, what I was really hoping for was my thrall to mirror whether I’m using a trunch vs. lethal weapon and then do likewise.
  • While visiting Sepermeru, a jaguar followed me and attacked some of the guards by the entrance north of the prison. Immediately, my thrall (who was set to attack all) immediately began murdering the entire city. Great for farming up souls for a new temple, but not quite what I would have expected.
  • My players have reported that the NPCs surrounding the entrance to the Well of Skelos are frequently seen fighting one another.
  • One of my players saw a message in the event log that about gave us both a heart attack. He broke bonds with an Arnos of Cimmeria thrall, but the event log stated “Population Exceeded” even though I have thrall limits disabled.

5 Likes

When will the population limits be enabled? (this is on official servers).

Lara, we’ve been getting that message also. It seems to appear whenever one breaks bond with a thrall (never tried a pet), no matter the limit setting (on/off/very high). All the thralls I have broken bond with resulted in Population Exceeded regardless of the server settings exceeding my thrall list.

This is present in solo and online dedicated server.

I would not view that as a cause for alarm, just a visual bug; perhaps a default message in the event log triggered accidentally.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

I’d like to echo what Larathiel said about the mounts being too close when following, my mount is constantly blocking my camera and also no longer attacks in combat (it just stands there blocking my fighter from attacking). While I was looking forward to having mount and thrall following I found that having my mount standing on me unable to move 2 feet away from it is seeing me have to guard it out of the way. I also found that coming up a staircase where my mount would normally pop when I get to the top it refused to do so, after waiting a decent length of time I had to go back down the stair case and ride it up.

I also found if you tell your thrall to attack and it is standing behind your horse it stands there doing nothing.

I was also hoping that the thrall could have been instructed to use a truncheon instead of me having to take weapons off them and swap them out, seems I need to keep doing this.

Official server, no mods.

3 Likes

@Ignasi @Hugo1 - could you please let us know.

Not gonna buy it if the stupid bugs isn’t fixed! What the heck, the system and the problems when a patch arrives makes anyone mad. 1 - Thrall health bar gone for good. 2 - Hitbox bugged or with lag server-side, some mobs hits me even really far from them. 3 - Stupid point-and-click E key Thralls command. USE A KEY APPART or REMOVE IT, it breaks even Chest opening!

After updating, the follower’s health meter not displayed.
So I don’t know when the thrall will die.

3 Likes

They already said in the stream that they have no plans for a year 3 DLC pack.