(PC) Unplayable because of freezes

It’s a shame this game is unplayable on PC (Steam or MS Store) because of long (up to 60 secs) temporary freezes (accessing in-game inventory, while loading, when saving…).
It’s clear it wasn’t tested on different HW as required.
Will it ever be fixed? Has been reported by hundreds of users, see for example on Steam community threads.
ATM is simply unplayable and too annoying. Will it be fixed ASAP? It’s a MAJOR bug.

Laptop ASUS GL703GS (BIOS 309)
CPU i7-8750H (iGPU disabled)
GTX 1070 8GB (vbios 86.04.7c.00.24, Samsung VRAM)
NVidia drivers 431.70 SD
Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.267)
Desktop res: 1080p (1920x1080)
Screen: 144Hz + g-sync AUO B173HAN03.2 [AUO329D]
Audio: Realtek HD Audio (ALC295 chipset)
Hard disks: NVMe Samsung, SSD Crucial
USB Blu-Ray 4K drive: Verbatim 43888 (Pioneer BDR-UD04)

Hello @hexaae, welcome to the forums!

Could you please confirm whether you’re using the Steam or MS Store version?

The team is aware of the crashes and looking into it, we’re gathering and forwarding any relevant data so your input is very much appreciated. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I’m using the MS Store version to be exact.
This is interesting: just tested the Demo on Steam and does work fine instead: no freezes.
Freezes, not crashes: the MS Store game hangs for many seconds and then goes on when loading, saving game, saving options, opening menu with ESC while playing etc. These “pauses” can take up to 60 secs. Very annoying and make the game unplayable.

2 Likes

Did you release a fix/update for the MS Store version?
Because the annoying temporary freezes are now solved!

I believe they did. Had a gig and a bit download via the Gamepass this morning and the freezing has stopped entirely for me.

Try this:
Options / Video / Fullscreen.

Chau.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.