PC Update 2.5 Discussion Megathread

What they could have done is instead of having it be useful on all gloves , they could have gone with a special type of gloves that light armor provide no stats upgrade and no armor rating but has an durability of 2100 and that it takes feathers and Siptha Energy ??? lesser → repair 500 , Energy ??? normal 1000 , and or Greater energy ??? 2100 .

So there , balance because it require you to be prepared. I swear sometime funcom dev team or Quality assurance can be quite lacking in the imaginative department on balancing. If something is strong then increase the requirement that takes to use it … Dont just out right take something out because you feel its too op. That the problem with these days.

1 Like

“Chests that require a key to open can no longer be quick-looted”.

The event “free legendaries” as end :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hotfixes rarely end up on Testlive. Every so often they will whenever Funcom wants that extra time, but otherwise the majority do not. Major patches are always on Testlive and have been that way for years, doubt that’s going to change.

2 Likes

I just successfully free-looted one (on singleplayer) - this doesn’t seem fixed to me, but maybe someone could test on a server to see if it’s fixed there.

It is fixed on officials server. You have to update to see this on single player.

1 Like

I have updated, that’s why I was confused - but I’m running mods, so that may be interfering somewhere. I’ll have to check more thoroughly when I have the time. But so long as it’s fixed for servers, that’s where it really matters - it’s not a bug that’s having much impact in singleplayer.

No, You are not wrong, it’s still possible to loot legendary chest without keys or atleast when i have keys it does not use it. (official server)

2 Likes

The ‘event’ is still going I guess.

1 Like

Confirmed: You can’t open / loot(f) legendary chest without a key BUT you can loot(f) legendary chest while having 1 key IT WON’T CONSUME KEY.

Freee legendary weapon event is still going.

2 Likes

“IT WON’T CONSUME KEY” … this game is crazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that the Hunger Blades are twin axes still using the dagger moveset, is that going to be changed over?

One key to rule them all.

I’ll second this. Hit F and you get the loot without losing a key.

1 Like

No you still get free legendaries and still do not need a key as of 10 mins when I tested it , click it a couple of times it says you need a key then puff it pops the item right in your inventory key free.

Okay, so:

• An other very unique weapon got thrown into the pit by changing it to a plain common bow.
  • No bleed refine, so some unique weapons are not as unique anymore (plus the bow above - yeah, deleting the unique features of multiple weapons in almost every update and hotfix helps the game to be more diverse).
  • Broken water/grass/and who knows what else textures. And not small, foot-sized patches but HUGE areas that can be seen from long distances.
  • A new free loot event that considered to be ended but NOT. It’s not quick-looted anymore just free-looted? But I understand this: who the heck needs legendaries anymore, when there are almost no uniqueness in them, and you can craft waaay better weapons now.

I’m STILL gonna stick with the 2.4 version I guess :roll_eyes: … (Thankfully there is already a mod that eliminates the second problem, hopefully there will be a mod that reverts the first one too, and the devs rethink those changes for good). This hot"""""“fix”""" and the 2.5 update - yes, there are some improvements, but there are major issues that hurt me, and definately many others - are a big punch in the balls.

3 Likes

For me it works only that way on official server pvp (need key but it won’t consume it) but I guess it’s not consistent like conan exiles as a whole. Seems like buggy mess worse then it was before.

1 Like

I had 7 Mods. The Mod launcher and Experience and Squad mods. All Vortex Mods. I disabled all of them. But its the Same Story… I am Despaired…

Just to confirm - I’ve now checked singleplayer no mods, and it’s the exact same as you describe (need key, but can use ‘f’ to not consume it). So I guess it’s more fixed than it was before the hotfix, since at least you now need to have a key…

Edit: I’ve opened a bug report, so that Funcom can officially be aware of the issue.

5 Likes

What the transfer function will do is empower crossserver clans and we will start looking like Ark more and more. Runners will obtain thralls and certain legendary gear that is far easier to farm in the EL and IoS armor, weapons and vault sigils. The poor little lone wolf player will wither and die. Maybe that is the end goal all along but I’m not a big fan of this…unless you link specific EL and IoS servers. Here me out on this. You can have EL only servers, IoS servers, and specific servers linked so you can move between them. I can see that being a very interesting concept. My biggest complaint is that I agree with Wak’s video…who would drop everything they couldn’t carry and base and leave just to gain the advantage of their progression…especially when it’s very easy to level up to max and even max out feat on either server? I don’t see many people using this legitimately but the META abusers will exclusively.

1 Like

Does this update really take up 75 GB (Steam says it needs to install that amount)?
If so, how will this keep going on? If the update really is that big the game will take up almost 200 GB of disk space, which is just insane considering that I probably can’t even use half of that because I don’t have the Siptah DLC.

No.

Sounds like you have some corrupted files or Steam desync (can happen to any Steam game).