PC Update Age 1 Chapter 2 - Discussion Megathread

there is no new spell (and never will be) until new age.
So chapters 2 and 3 - no new spells!!!
Everything you saw - updated versions of current ones.

I absolutely agree with you.
The new stormglass pieces should be free for those who own Siptah DLC.

1 Like

the consequences of Funcom being bought out by a tencent is definitely coming to fruition now we have a store and a battlepass for a paid game. Paying for more building pieces for a set we already paid for.

Battlepass exclusive items. Like a tree? Be nice to have a grass block too. But i guess thatā€™s gonna be 10$ too.

Iā€™m completely fine with a store that rotates items around. But please get rid of the flipping battlepass. Itā€™s garbage.

2 Likes

opinions can be so different. I feel the other way round.

I prefer an affordable BP than the extortionate prices in the bazaar. rotation of the bazaar bundles is crap, especially if you have bundles like sandstone set 1 and 2. simply unnecessary.

5 Likes

its taking forever to patch, 8 hours now and counting

I am getting quite frequent crashes to desktop since the patch. Last time (a few minutes ago) I was walking towards my base when the crash occurred. When I logged back in again I had respawned naked in the desert. Used ā€œsummon corpseā€ to get my stuff back and found the two thralls that were following me next to the green wall. I wasnā€™t very far from the wall, but not that close either. Maybe a 10 second jog away? I guess that after my game crashed, on the server I was still moving and it kept right on going into the green wall.

Might I suggest resolving this quickly? Very annoying.

Regards, C.

Typical update for me. So, same thing. Yesterday it was several bad pak files, today itā€™s auto crash reports. Give it a week, weā€™ve only had one patch :smile:

need help with the patching since yesterday it still patching, when it reach 80% it starts all over, download 6.8gb of data and start patching 80gb. Considered that ir could by a ssd problem but other huge games in the same driver like warhhammer updated with no problems

When I saw the Trailer, I thought ā€œOh cool, Cathedral building pieces instead of the Arcane set in the battlepass, alright, I could use that to build a neat temple.ā€
Then got in game and saw no building piece available. At all. Some nice looking containers and statues, yes, but not the new building pieces like the previous battle pass?
I dreaded to click that ā€œBazaarā€ button, I knew exactly what awaited me there. But I clicked.

The battle pass is a terrible idea, this game is NOT built for battlepasses or dailys. The Bazaar is someone at Funcom saying ā€œoh, you think the Battle Pass is bad? Watch this.ā€
And if anyone had some hope that ā€œwell, maybe it gets betterā€¦?ā€, removing building pieces from the battle pass and shuffling them on the bazaar is a massive d*** move.
One step forward, thirteen somersaults back. clap clap

So now I went to the Steam store and bought the Turan pack. You know why? Because for 10$, I get a whole new kit to build stuff with. On the battlepass, I get to pay 12 bucks to extend a building kit I already own. Iā€™m going to express myself as civil as I can be in this situation: F*** you.
Sorry, I am unable to me more civil than this, I am experiencing incoherent rage at the moment.
Iā€™ll get back to you once it subsides, until then, Iā€™m going to build my new Aserai settlement in the desert.

3 Likes

To be honest, Iā€™m already tired of all this, Iā€™m already getting nowhere Why every time after your update I get an error when I enter the server in the official servers, it gives me an error that I could not connect because there is an error with a unique ID what should I do

The bounty hunting and inclusion of something that might actually work as currency to a degree makes the world feel a lot more alive, IMO. Cats wandering around and meowing does that, too, strangely - I hope that this might act as a test case for thralls having the option to be a bit more active when guarding.

Of course, it would also be nice to have things like roaming sandbeasts and flying bat demons occasionally hunting across the EL, and I suppose that should be a higher priority than cosmetic effects like thralls walking about and greeting each other. Something that probably would cost very little would be adding the (very immersive) ā€œinactiveā€ animations for players with equipment out as an option for thralls, which could create the possibility of torch bearers, guards standing with pikes in one hand, etc.

For me, the steady improvements to the general gameplay from this update make up for the relatively sparse BP rewards. And as a bit of an official server architect I actually quite like the placeable rose bush and trees - though surely more actual building options at a price point closer to the old DLC (or worked into the battle pass over time) would be appreciated, as well.

EDIT: Iā€™m also happy to see new voice acted lines. Maybe thatā€™ll mean some fixes to missing ghosts and some added voice acting for currently voiceless characters in the EL at some point. One can hopeā€¦

4 Likes

via steam sales DLCs cost me 4-5-6 usdā€¦ hundreds of items :hugs:
now, each single item via bazaar cost 5-10-15 usd (no sales, no regional pricing) :sneezing_face:

1 Like

No xp multiplier in battle pass, bought a fresh (very expensive because no regionalizaed bp) bp for chapter 2 and xp multiplier 0 and in zero they stay!

+1
No multipliers for me tooā€¦ thanks =(

@Koriath
100% at first I thought okay the BattlePass as an in-game mechanic additional content was an acceptable albeit clunky mechanic, (considering its bug riddled roll-out). But after about 3 months now I completely agree with your assessment.

BattlePass as implemented was a buggy mess, after 3 months I can admit with admiration that Funcom has fixed or created numerous work arounds, for many of the issues that BattlePass introduced.

The BattlePass has repeatedly been touted as Funcomā€™s last best chance to keep the lights on, well we canā€™t debate how a company chooses to move forward. We can only comment on how it left some of us, as a target audience, feeling.

I would have paid much more moving forward, for much smaller mini-pak bundles, we all would have whined and moaned at first, but we would have moved on by now. Funcom missed the mark.

The DLCs continue to be the most amazing in-game updates I have ever experienced, ( I have spent an embarrassing amount of money on Skylanders Imaginators, and hundreds and hundreds on Disneyā€™s Infinity figurines as various model of continuous in-game purchases, But Conan was even better, more immersive, endlessly expandable, the sandbox videogamer at last had freedom!!!)

Funcom absolutely set the new bar with their DLCs, and BattlePass/Bazaar perhaps would not have seemed so bad, if the bar had not been set so amazingly high.

I have spent hundreds of dollars on video games since Sorcery 3.0 dropped. I wanted to spend that money on Conan DLCs. But since there were no DLCs that money went to companies that produced a product that I could purchase and own, and play at my leisure offline.

I am not arguing the pricing, I am arguing about the product. While many are going to say this is the new video game reality. Okay, sure, my protest is not against Funcom, or Conan, it is against the model of video games where you can only play on their server, and or with an internet connection, the Bazaar checks for ownership, beyond simply unlocking items which was the DLC model. I have played online for 2 years now, let me summarize some lowlights (multiple forced server merges, level 60 characters transfers that disappear, or are locked at some future time, and left in limbo, neighbours that are toxic with overbuilds, and block resources and a complaint system that takes weeks or months to address issues haphazardly. Online is for people that have a certain amount of time, and by its nature burns people out.) Single player is sustainable, for me,

Online is amazing because of the people you meet, Online is also toxic and frustrating because of the ā€œotherā€ people you encounter.

Conan rocked the Single Player market, when they shifted their focus towards the online model with their BattlePass/Bazaar, the Single Players understandably stepped back.

But everything I just said was best summed up by you my friend:

Huzzah sir, your words are poetry to my ears, and encompass the words I most wanted to say!
:saluting_face: (rant ends). :saluting_face:

Iā€™m playing on a RP server where the Flintlock Cave is also built. Child of Jhil spawns there even though it was built with foundations. The mobs seem to ignore all foundations. Is that intentional? Or does anyone else have the bug?

thats hasov ui error he is away till 15th Dec

So do we have any ideas when a patch will come out to fix the witch hunter events not triggering for many of us(I am on single player) I get a constant event trigger (Exiled Lands) at Sep with just looking a Conans Bar funny and the Black Keep(not the witch hunter a different event) but have not once seen a witch hunter event trigger even though I have gone to all the locations. I am still a newer Conan player and I understand its RNG but is there somewhere I am supossed to be reporting this another way.

How, come to the offisiell server i play on. And text me when it spawn inā€¦

I called Bat demonā€¦ launched me in orbitā€¦

9 Likes