Pc Version Crashing everytime

Hey there guys,
i really hope someone can help me here.
I play it with steam and after i launched it and placed a couple of minutes the game freezes and i get an error: " Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost"
I can´t fix it and its really annoying.
I allready tried things like playing in offline mode, capping fps, reinstall, switching audio, but nothing helped.

This could have something to do with your video card. I remember seeing a post about this before but not sure where it is.

What graphics card do you have?

I had similar problems with an RX 580 and eventually solved the problem by adjusting AMD Wattman settings…

Card might be faulty or you may have a dodgy PSU but with a bit of fiddling you should be able to get it working.

got a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
What excatly do you mean with AMD Wattman settings ? :smiley:

OK, you have Nvidia so disregard my post (Wattman is the software package that drives AMD GPU’s)

However that is the same driver issue i got and eventually I have a stable gaming environment by underclocking my GPU by about 5%.

You might want to try MSI Afterburner to manually underclock your GPU as that will do the same thing or hopefully someone more technical can pick this up to help, as for me it was just trial and error.

I assume your graphics drivers are up to date and you are running the latest version of windows?

A WIndows reinstall might help as well.

Check if Conan Exiles uses the correct GPU i.e your GTX. Depending on your settings, you may be using your onboard GPU.

i will try underclocking and yea of course its all up to date…

how do i check ?

and then check the corresponding number in here:

it seems like it worked,
i underclocked my GPU with about 200Hz and till now its working
thanks

1 Like

Base game, but I had the same problem (RX580 4gb). My problem was solved by setting EVERYTHING to default in AMD’s software.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.