Picking up or destroying building pieces will demo non-related pieces

Game mode: Multiplayer and Singleplayer - Official and Unofficial
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE, PvE-C (Don’t play PvP)
Region: EU and US - US Client.

Frequently when picking up pieces of a build random other pieces will demo, sometimes vital pieces that will collapse section. This could be a straight line of foundations. Lay out 10 or so in a line on flat terrain and then start picking up or demoing them - eventually one from the other side will blow up. I’ve even tried this with random foundation spam and pieces that aren’t even connected will be affected. This is a long time bug and has spanned over two computers and several fresh installs on different drives. Happens on officials and private servers with and without mods. At first I thought maybe it was do to pickup mods so I tested and this will happen without mods installed and on officials. It will also happen with any structural pieces and SOMETIMES when a work bench is picked up…

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a line of 20 foundation
  2. Go to either side and start picking them up or demoing them
  3. Watch as random pieces start disappearing as you do

I

Hey @eledemar

Relaying this to our team so they can give it a look.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you.

More info. I did a double layer high of about a 20x30 foundation perimeter. Decided to go back and level it down to 1 high. Come back to the start and about 1/4 of the 1st layer was demo.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information @eledemar :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.