Ping Exceeds Server settings (Official 1521)

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official )]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE]
Region: [N.A.]

[Describe the bug here]
From the “Favorites” launcher, choose Official Server 1521 (Ping 64ms) and it starts to load and then pops up: “Ping exceeds server limit” or something similar (I don’t remember the warning) and an “ok”
When you hit “Ok” it stays on the loading screen and you have to kill CE to get out of it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go to favorites
  2. Choose Official Server (My ping is <64ms)
  3. Click join
  4. Get warning about ping.
  5. Kill CE process because it hangs at loading screen after you hit ok

Hey @tankzo

Thanks for your feedback. Our team is aware of this bug and they’re looking into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Continuing the discussion from Ping Exceeds Server settings (Official 1521):

Same stuff…Same server, same issue.

When you choose from the server chooser, you get “ping exceeds…”

Seriously Funcom, I know you said you are looking at it but let me know what the issue is, It’s not that there is a faulty mechanic for application ping testing (And don’t get me wrong, that it part of it…and honestly the root of the issue) it is that when the “error” message comes up, the user is NOT put back to the chooser window.

Seriously, if you do the check before we leave the server chooser window, then I wouldn’t need to use task manager or windows functions to kill the application (right click on the task bar, task manager, etc).

That’s the part that ■■■■■■ me off the most, that I need to kill the application and then reload the application because you cannot do the check while in the chooser window or because you cannot get us back out of the “loading screens.”

Now, if the game didn’t take up 4GB of ram, it wouldn’t be as huge of an issue because I wouldn’t need to wait for the OS clean-up to finish before trying to load it again…

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE! Do the ping checks on the server chooser screen and if they pass, DO NOT DO APP PING CHECKS AGAIN until it is loaded.

Correction, the game takes up 2,594.7MB (Currently, night time, East of the Jungle)… Sorry, 4GB was Trump-like hyperbole…and you guys don’t deserve that kind of hyperbole…

But I am less than pleased that it took 5x going though this process today to actually get into the server…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.