[POLL] The Nemedian and the Godbreaker Boots no longer heal weapons on testlive

if it’s a matter of them being used by thralls to repair without it actually taking damage then they could either make it where they can’t be placed on thralls or don’t give that effect when placed on a thrall… i mean could be a case of easier said than done but i think it would be better to not remove the only real use for them and add some other limitation or even make the drop rate much lower. there are many ways it could be made more balanced if that is really the issue

2 Likes

I never had any use for the Nemedian in Exiled Lands, but I use it regularly on Siptah. The reason for it is – surprise, surprise! – the RNG grind.

In Exiled Lands, you can farm the Unnamed City for legendary armor and weapon repair kits. They are a guaranteed drop from several bosses there, and the only RNG element in play is whether it’ll be an armor or a weapon kit.

On Siptah, they drop only occasionally from some bosses, and the Nemedian is the only reasonable alternative if you happen to like a non-craftable legendary weapon or tool.

Sure, they made it so that certain T4s can craft legendary kits. If they think that’s good enough, then they really, really need to take a month to play the damn game every single day, for at least a couple of hours each day.

I still don’t see why removing the karmic effect is supposed to be good for the game. Nobody has yet offered a decent explanation. The best I’ve seen was a vague, hand-wavy claim (not by Funcom) that we’re supposed to put effort into maintaining the legendary items and that this will make us “participate in the game world” more.

But let’s go with it and suppose that the karmic effect is somehow bad for the game. “It would seem there are better ways to prevent whatever the problem is” would be the understatement of the year on these forums.

They could have made the Nemedian not work on thralls. They could have made it lose durability when used on thralls. They could’ve made it repair only 1 point of durability per damage taken. They could’ve made it amplify the damage received. They could’ve done any combination of the above.

They didn’t.

Why?

Because removing the karmic effect is much, much cheaper. No new code to write and test, just fiddle with a few data tables (or whatever they’re called in their engine).

Here’s the thing that chafes: adjusting the loot tables (or whatever they’re called in their engine) so that certain Siptah bosses always drop a kit would have been just as cheap. Remove the karmic effect and give us a viable way to farm (not grind, farm) the kits, and we’re good.

But that would require knowing what it’s like to actively play the game. :angry:

4 Likes

Not quite: https://forums.funcom.com/t/karmic-effect-the-nemedian/146659

1 Like

Yup, all caps gets the job DONE.

Regards

jim

1 Like

Not to go OT, but (these days) that is gambling.

And, there is the cure.

Note that Blizzard is stuck with backwards RNG, constantly. Each expansion is another island with more gambling. I left that kind of scene. I’m happier on CE since the RNG is secondary and there are tools to butcher a mob for expected drops.

Anyways, sounds like it needs to be reworked some (on both maps).

2 Likes

One of the things I have never quite understood is when relatively minor changes are made to games, new players never notice as they only see the changed items. It seems that when longtime players find their specific items change, or thralls change, or even suddenly there are more plants and berry bushes, and the game suddenly has hops and lotus, etc. then there are screams and shouts and rage-quits.

I don’t get that. If you think about it, many of these changes are pretty cosmetic. We have swords, axes, maces, bow, daggers and polearms - the core weapon types. Like build pieces, we also have reskins of these (except, in some cases, their damage/defence/application differs slightly). All of these add to the game, but doesn’t really change the core application. And then thralls change and more flames. That makes no sense. I have lost count the times named thralls have disappeared or moved about. Who cares. They are ‘thralls’ at the core, just have sexes and name changes. They remain T1, 2, 3,etc. It keeps things non-stagnant.

Like many people have already said in here, the game continues being developed, being updated, being maintained. That’s key in my mind - and thank you to the Devs (and Modders) for doing so.

Saying all of that, it does seem that Siptah is biased towards clans, and large clans at that. Solo players are certainly at a huge disadvantage in gathering, fighting, etc. Even private servers that have battle settings beefed up have max-levelled players being two strike killed by some bosses (though I 100% agree with damage elephants/huge-beasties do (if you do kick an elephant you are likely to become a very brief squeak in short order). The problem is that if I beef up solo players then clans regain complete domination - how can they not? I make clans max size 5 and tell players to collaborate for Siptah stuff.

[…and here endeth the dissertation :slight_smile: ]

3 Likes

If you try hard enough, you can describe any change as “cosmetic”. After all, it’s just a video game, so it’s not real, so it doesn’t really matter. It’s a valid point of view, but is it useful?

Dumb it down for me, Kemosabe. If these changes are merely cosmetic and don’t matter, how does that keep things non-stagnant? Also, what does any of that have to do with the topic?

Maybe it’s the late hour, but I fail to see the point, beyond the implication that we should stop whining and be grateful that Funcom hasn’t abandoned the game…

1 Like

I don’t use either, because I feel the effect is a bit… gamey, but I do care so can’t choose the first poll option.

I would very much like to understand the reasons behind this change before making any judgements or deciding my stance. Without information, I can’t decide whether the change is good for the long-term health of the game, nor can I formulate a well thought-out post to explain my opinion on the matter.

5 Likes

I used the helmet on my previous character SOMETIMES, so for me it’s not a big deal, but the “nerf something = completely destroy something” view that killed the lifeblood spear and healing waterskin and now yog’s touch and these 2 items is NOT a proper way of balancing. It just takes away unique elements from the game, instead of making it more balanced and diverse.
Of course this is only my opinion based on former examples and I hope the devs would rethink this decision and will fine-tune it.

8 Likes

Yeah that´s how it used to be all along, this discussion is about these items not repairing your weapon anymore.

1 Like

I agree with this.

I don’t even use these items but it is downright scary to me that they would just destroy them for basically no reason. Yog’s Touch is the other thing that straight-up frightens me: a nerf was appropriate, but destroying the item was horrible.

It’s not so much that these are changes, or that they weaken cool items, but they are painted with such a broad brush that it smacks of complete disregard for balance. Their “fixes” are too swingy. “It would seem there are better ways to prevent whatever the problem is” is a manifesto for several of the last few balance updates.

5 Likes

At least there’s this now:

3 Likes

All i want is to congratulate you for the post. I am a ps4 player so all theese changes might never come to consoles. I don’t know if iam fool to envy pc players for the progress of the game, still any progress is better than no progress at all. I wish one day i 'll understand your problems and ofcurce find your hide and farm you too :wink:.

2 Likes

And you have enough time to prepare for the changes.
Farming/crafting the item to retain its pre-patch attributes, or finding a way to overcome specific problems!

3 Likes

That may not be the case.

If the actual karmic effect is removed from the game rather than just removed from The Nemedian and Godbreaker Boots, then the effect will not function regardless of which version of the item you have.

1 Like

I don’t use either, but I also don’t see how this change in anyway improves the game. Every unique, useful item is seemingly nerfed into oblivion.

Might as well just stick to star metal and base epic armor. I wouldn’t want my time and effort to actually pay off after nearly 3000 hours.

2 Likes

Hopefully the effect itself won’t be removed from the game. As I said I don’t use the items that have this ability, but it is a cool, unique effect.

1 Like

Don’t put rat poison into your pot. Bad for mental health.

4 Likes

We’ll proceed to close the thread. Not because of the feedback or criticism. It has been heard loud and clear, and we have been working to address it in a future update.
But this situation seems to have been allowing unnecessary confrontation between you guys that is not okay.
Please, do read our community guidelines, and be excellent to each other.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

10 Likes