Removing the karmic effect from the Nemedian is bad for *me*

I certainly would not try to speak for other players and the issue will not cause me to threaten to quit the game. I still love the play !

On Siptah now, with limited time trying to accomodate all the changes in the wiki, and I have exactly 1, yes 1, Legendary Weap Repair kit. I am slow and methodical since it’s served me well for too many years, but this will grind me to a halt there. More time for the wiki?

I strongly disagree with this change, since it’s essentially the only way to repair the few legendaries I have. As for my process, after a vault run, I wear the helmet and eat rotten meat while storing loot and starting needed crafting. This is in no way OP, gamebreaking or taking advantage of a gameflaw.

In case I did not make it clear, this change sucks.

BTW, rotten meat could use a taste buff.

Regards

jim

PvE, dedicated server with no mods.

14 Likes

Yeah, taking away unique items like the Nemedian and Godbreaker Boots just makes the game feel more bland. It’s fun to be able to search out something that’s different from everything else. It makes the game seem deep and engaging. We can get “increased stats” from any piece of equipment. We can’t get regenerating items from anything except kits.

4 Likes

I just want it dye able it’s the closest thing to a legionnaires helm we got from Rome but dlc helps add extra pieces to make it look good for almost all but none due able helmets

3 Likes

The new game experience strikes again.
I hate the look, but have been wearing them for a long time.
Now we get to go find something else for them to nerf.
here is the full list nerfs

1 Like

This is my man!

On my First run of that vault i was so pissed off about being slowed Down at every fracking step… But then the Next second i equipped the helmet and “abused” the annoiance. I do not have the Boots on Siptah and neither a Proper t4 armorer/blacksmith(After 20+ surges i still am to see one spawn). So that helmet is Gold at the Moment “for me”.

Really hope that the devs will open their eyes and see that removing the karmic system is not the way to go. Especially that this change comes together with the NEW map, where certain things are considered luxury for SINGLE players or 2-3 member clan.

I totally Support the " #ForMe ".

2 Likes

It feels different on Exiled Lands, but killing the Nemedian’s repair really does feel like a reversion of Siptah to Conan Exiles Year 1 when legendaries were things you basically never used as your regular weapon b/c they broke so quickly and couldn’t be repaired; legendaries were for thralls.

The irony here is that one of the stated purposes of the Economy Patch was to make having vs. not having thralls less of a make-or-break advantage (hence offloading a bunch of their functionality onto benches), but this change makes being able to get a purge-tier blacksmith a very significant advantage - and that’s not something easily done on either map.

2 Likes

i feel from reading other posts about this topic that if it was for the “exploitive” nature of putting it on a thrall to repair everything without it taking damage… they need to find a way to make weapons/armor not be able to be placed on thralls… i’m sure somehow they could do this… that way legendary weapons could be good and only be usable by a player but can’t be equipped to a thrall…

1 Like

How is that technique exploitative? Especially now that any T4 Tempersmith can make Legendary Repair kits.

3 Likes

We have the guy that makes the kits, so its just back to carrying them.

Making lemonade out of lemons

As do I, Hyborian, on EL. On Siptah it’s not quite that easy for a solo player who spends more time on the wiki than in game.

Pass me some lemonade?

Regards

jim

4 Likes

The good thing about Me is its Us.
Back 20 years ago I found a gamer gal. We have been side by side ever since.

Back last year they turned CE from a solo game to a forced team game.
Yet the only way u can play with others fairly (loot share etc) is to be in a clan.
We are never going to let another into our clan. We got burnt once.

Hey FUncom listen up:

How about when players from other clans want to play together, have some kind of temporary grouping so everyone can coexist.

We have been taking noobs thru dungons for years.
5 players have to do the dungon 5 times so everyone gets their share. What a waste of time.

3 Likes

Hey there,

There’s going to be some tweaks in regards to the Karmic effect change in a future iteration of the 2.2 Testlive build.
Regarding the other so-called stealth nerfs, they have been confirmed as bugs multiple times, and they are being addressed as well.
Thanks for the feedback sent in a constructive way.

5 Likes

Thank you for this update.

I said this in another thread, but: between this and Yog’s Touch, it’s not so much that these are changes, or that they weaken cool items, but they are painted with too broad of a brush. These fixes are too swingy: it becomes either all or nothing. I know it’s a really fast way to fix something, and we’re begging you to go as quickly as possible to fix the game, but it was still too much too fast - especially on niche areas of the game that don’t actually affect most players. It’s scary to see stuff like this because then it makes us think you’re going to use the same broad brush to adjust other areas.

Yog’s Touch will also receive some attention for this future iteration.

3 Likes

I scored a Leg Armor Patch Kit ! My life is now complete :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

1 Like

I have no hope that Funcom will keep the karmic effect, as it feels they are working hard to remove the fun from the game, but I salute your post and thank you for speaking for so many of us

2 Likes

hearing that these things will get looked into is a move in the right direction. i would say there’s a lot of other changes that have been made that could use looking into but that’s another topic all together. we all agree sometimes items get added to games that either don’t work the way they were meant to making them OP or underwhelming… and balance is a hard thing to get right… almost no game in any genre has ever done it properly.

i definitely want to say thank you to the team for actively listening to the community and our concerns. please keep moving in this direction. this is one of my favorite games. my go to after a long day a lot of times. this gives me hope that it will survive,

6 Likes

Easy fix maybe, make the helmet unusable by thralls. Make us a LARK to repair the helmet while using it on our own characters.

Seems like a fair deal?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.