Premium monthly subscription with in-game benefits

, ,

Pve servers are already very cluttered. The 7 day timer has literally saved pve. If someone pays a monthly subscription to have a longer timer it will take one troll to go to several pve servers and ruin them with sandstone structures. Reaching 60 takes very little time as is so experience boosts will only make it easier on trolls to clutter pve servers.

I am all for improved funding of Conan exiles. I feel like the team has given us an abundant amount of free content and I would like to see them rewarded for their efforts. I will continue to purchase DLCs in the future and I highly encourage other players to get the season passes. If you feel like you need special treatment for your gameplay I encourage you to try purchasing your own server. It’s basically the same thing. You pay a monthly fee to maintain your own server with your own rules. You can even disable the decay timer altogether!

I buy the game then buy all the DLC, now you think I’m gonna pay monthly. I think the term is when hell freezes over.

Not gonna work, this is no mmorpg, the servers are unmoderated and people will riot and kill whatever new population it will get with mounts update.

The dlc model is doing fine, myself just bought complete edition on xbox after hearing about mounts update, they made much and deserve the extra money. I never buy dlc but Conan Exiles exceeds expectations!

1 Like

I will custom fit a server to your liking. I am ready for that 10 Euros per month!

1 Like

I wanted to write exactly the same what LordKAA wrote. Own server gives much wider possibilities than the system proposed by Clowns.

Someone recently suggested adding a store with micropayments, but the truth is that if Funcom wanted to earn more money :dollar:, they would do 2x, 3x, 4 times more DLC: one for roleplayers; one for fans of Age of Conan; one for builders; seven DLCs dedicated to each of the gods - instead of mixing everything up and putting it in one package.

NO - for subscription.

1 Like

Also @fito and @LordKAA
The last thing the game needs are more server… Also I interact with many others from the official server.
Yesterday a family started new and as I waited for Zeth to respawn I helped clearing and capturing thralls in Sepermeru.

Also I dont know how much money Funcom gets from GPortal for console servers or if PC server brings them any money (which I highly doubt)
This monthly decay doubler would go to Funcom directly. Also I am just talking about decay-double time… Nothing else. No other support, police or 3xdecay time. Just double. Thats it.

But I like Halks idea even more. If you play for a certain amount of time on a server, you unlock a special-vault which has bigger decay timer.
Only one (you can put him back in inventory) and only one per clan. (Altough this idea would not bring Funcom any money - the same with renting a server).

1 Like

Premium monthly subscription with THIS game???
Have you fallen on your head or something?

1 Like

:rofl:

My dear clown this is why you can use admin mode on single player.

1 Like

Resources are… Well resources… If I had to pack my stuff, that would mostly only be good/rare legendaries and thralls and if there is still space left, then put in resources :wink:

I have >5k star metal. If I would lose one of my Maelstroms (have 3 now) I would probably be more upset, than 5k star metal :smiley:
Or if my Grrr Legbiter goes missing.

I hope FC will bring them… Just to see the outcome if players are really playing such a thing… :smiley:

Because I understand the wipe-criers in some point: With duping the offical PvP are a mess… So many people want ONE whip… But if it is really periodic…

NO NO NO! I am done with subscriptions. Funcom is doing it right. Pay for the extra content (DLCs) if you want, but only pay once for the core game. I’d play ESO too if they went this way. Subscritions make a huge amount of revenue on players that fail to cancel when they stop playing. They just sort of forget about the game, then surprise, there is another bill on the card statement. In fact, I used to play ESO and had payed for 6 months for the discount, then was going to cancel at the end of the 6, but 3 days before, they billed me for another 6. I tried to get it reversed, but they would not respond, nor would PayPal come to my aid.

Subscriptions are bad.

Just make and extra special features a DLC and keep releasing them on a regular basis.

2 Likes

I think he got his answer from the community, the majority is against it.
We do not want a subscription!
And that’s just as well!

Thanks to all the competitors against subscriptions! :heart:

Survive.Build.Dominate

I have suggested this multple times in the past.
Something as simple as an 24 to 1 ratio, using 15 minute chunks. Like how XP goes up 10 XP every 10 seconds, you would get 6 hour for every 15 minutes.
Basically, if i play 15 minutes, then timer goes up 6 hours, until you hit the 1 week (possibly 2 weeks with this) max. Meaning if i play roughly 2 hours a day for 13 days, you could get it to 2 weeks. The more you play the quicker you accrue the 2 week max. There would be no refresh by running by. this would go for all your assets, and not just area based. No way for 15 minute troll refreshers to keep it up. And if you played every other day, 2 hours, you would slowly grow it at your own pace. The only exploitable thing is the AFK player. There would need to be a way to identify legit player inputs (and what they are over a time period) to weed out the running in circle players. Maybe if in 15 minutes you haven’t interacted with multiple stations, attacked an enemy, or harvested nodes, the game would log you off. I know an offline defense is to have multiple players stayed logged in, just to show numbers. A lot of clans won’t attack if they don’t have numbers or a free offline raid.

1 Like

Probably the worst idea I have ever seen around here, monthly subscriptions are a thing of the past and belong in 2010. And on a side note, I’ll just leave this here

1 Like

The Apprentice Potter (AP) feat is part of the base game, but I see that as a target for premium access.

You see, there are players who are bored of the game even though their base is a T3-endgame (T4?) built. Their boredom is troublesome for players that want to have fun. To justify such AP feat would require premium access. The main problem is they dominate the server and use the AP feat against those stuck at T2 building, or less. Boom! Being stuck leads to no fun, so people leave.

I’m not spoiling how, so take this hint wisely.

P.S. there should be no feat restriction in solo play.

This idea can’t happen. It would kill Conan Exiles and force a full refund at Funcom expensive. Funcom could easily be sue by sony and everyone whom bought the game if they did this.

You shouldnt charge a monthly fee for an unfinishes product. ESO charges a lot of money for their subs and upwards of 30 dollars in some cases for the DLCs. If you have a sub, you play the DLCs for free. Unless they offer a class or new feature. But it is very much a finished product.

Right now FC. (Who I am a big fan of by nature of the gaming industry) rolls out something new, which results in bugs. Then mechanics or crafting changes that were not broken are changed or altered without real need or explanation.

Sure other sub games tweak and fix and nerf and balance. But rarely do these things plain outright damage the game. Sure people get mad about it. But the game continues. Or they fix their errors.

Overall. Conan isnt finished. It will get there. But it’s not.

The last thing they want is people unsubbing and then posting about it.

I really love this game. But I’m starting to wonder about the decisions the team is making. New costs for weapons. New costs for armor and arrows. These things we’re not broken.

Right now you have Conan Exiles - great hammers edition. And it all feels so not subworthy.

1 Like

THIS
:joy::joy:

The problem I see here in most answers is: Did the majority of you even read his post or stopped at the topic and wrote a comment?
Because from most answers it looks like this…

The main thing Clowns wanted, was double decay… Yet people compare it with ESO or WoW subscriptions…

2 Likes

Yes. People are just thinking beyond the initial premise of the discussion and the potential pitfalls that may not be immediately evident but that might follow the proposed policy.