PS4 (18.03.2019): Optimizations, Balancing, Purges, and much much more

IT did change the mechanic. No more blindly spamming the Heavy attack on them. Best practice is to try and lure them one at a time. I know sometime in asagarth that is a pain, but unnamed city is pretty open, so kiting out 1 or 2 to fight is actually a better mechanic than get in the middle and spam heavy was.

I’ll have it up soon. I’ve got to edit out a lot of it because me and my friends were recording and streaming when this happened. It should be up today or tomorrow, as for our build, we have two bases two totally different builds and this has happened in both. Our neighbors also reported spawns inside their simple 3x3 base that was one foundation high.

Our two builds are we have a giant castle, two stories, covers a lot of land, no exposed ground within the base,

And our second base is an outpost in the jungle,
It’s built inside one of the ancient temples, but was completely walled in and had a roof.

Our third base, a fishing hut which this also happened to, is a 4x4 box base with a slanted thatch roof. We had thralls spawn inside all three

What really worries me, is that during this last purge our archer turned on us and even killed my tribemate.

That really says a lot.

Honestly I think this entire situation could be fixed if devs would just make it impossible for purge thralls to spawn on foundations and ceilings.

So, the Skelton warmaster that has 12 skeles in fornt of him? Yeah I shot one with an arrow in the back of the line… the entire group pulled. Not letting me do the pull theory. Also, if you have a thrall, he will run in and grab everyone.

Just wanted to put my two cents in regarding my experience with the latest update thus far. Ok, so I finally got to playing the game since the Parity Patch last night (my workload has been insane lately!), although it was not for as long as I would have liked. And let me just say I was thoroughly impressed. Bravo Funcom on a job well done! Here are a few notes based on my own subjective experiences (I may add to it as I go):

-‘Discover all of the Giant-King Obelisks’ Journey Step unlocked immediately upon interracting with a Lorestone. Thanks!
-True Indigo are now dropping seeds as intended. The drop rate is very low, but oh well
-the new enemies (well the ones I have actually seen) were awesome! The bigger snakes really unnerved my partner.
-Corrupted enemies are really keep us on our toes, and provide much needed variety and challenge. In addition to precious Demon Blood reserves. You know, I may just be able to build a Maproom at every Obelisk now
-the ‘shave bark’, ‘fill flask’ and pick-up crafting stations and increased stack sizes are a godsend! No more driving me crazy if the stations arent exactly parallel with the wall
-Improved Torches now use Plant Fibre and Wood to repair. Cool. Is this intended or a bug?
-no more Kicking in bulding mode
-I personally havent found any new bugs yet

And finally the most important one of all. Thankyou all…so, SO much for adopting two of my suggestions, the Dismantling Bench and the Sword of Crom!! Especially the later (I havent got it yet). It was a difficult change to sell, and a bold decision to give the go ahead to. I feel utterly humbled that I was able to contribute in some way to a great game which I love. @Ignasi could you please pass on my personal thanks to everyone at the office incase they dont see this? Please keep up the great work all.

3 Likes

By Jove ,finally some REAL interesting upgrade.
Npcs are finally decent to square off with and looting finally have some sense: you get partial broken armor, ok, sometime you got pirate’s tends, shortly… finally there is some intriguing way to fight aginst enemies…
Harder than before, geez I was bored as hell in killing dummies with no loot, this time there is something to bother about!

We have a new patch out for the PS4 version!

2 Likes