Public Beta Client- Age of Heroes Chapter 1 Update Discussion Megathread

you are really talking out of ignorance here.

• your SP game is not a persistant world, , playing at official is. you are seeing dozens of people in a single day (if server is active) .
  • your SP game only holds your build thralls and items, not thousands of players , builds, deployables, etc etc etc.
  • your SP game does not uses the internet to communicate with your PC that works as a non persistant world, things freezes when you log off, , online gaming , requires people connecting to that IP address and there is a constant exchange of information between client and the server that is often far away.
    -SP database are trully small, compared to the information that is on active online servers.

SO NO, IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE the same thing.

why it was not fun if it is the same game? according to you?

1 Like

i think it was not fun (my experince)

yes im not playing with other people but im still playing the same game and the same meechanics and i still need to be online to use the things frome the bazaar

can you please akwnowledge there is a difference on playing online , and playing on signle player?

i am not talkinb aobut mechanics, such as combat building, etc, i am talking about how the game functions, and due to those differences, it can be a different game., a small bug in SP can become a huge game braeking bug due to how different it is.

1 Like

the diffrend between single player and officelse/private servers is you playing with other people and their is alot more buildings on the server if you want this discussion then make a note/topic on forum if you want to talk about it we not gonna talk about in the public beta

@CodeMage hopely my friend codemage can put things into perspective, he knows more than i do about the game under the hood that i am. maybe i am wrong, maybe not,

i have full confidence on his opinion so i am open to see what he has to say , and to draw a picture for me .

1 Like

Got to close to the giant scorpion, being chased, server shuts down for a restart

Logged in on top of a rock

wait for the live release to see everyoneā€™s thralls die or disappear :joy:

2 Likes

Have to wonder what you do with all this real estate?

Imgur

Oh well dungeons donā€™t farm them selves. The dregs has a consistent can be counted on bug. Going to beat on that witch today.

was ist das

thats is to LIU FEIĀ“s misssion

1 Like

Woot they all popped out on their own after the last sever restart.

Prepping for a raid me base.

1 Like

you did not deploy them? i am confused by your image./.

This morning they were up to their necks in foundations, and Iā€™m multitasking which means getting side tracked. But Iā€™m putting a lot of time in to cooking mats and Iā€™m building close to a world boss to see if I can do some real lazy farming :flushed:

Mission: test the witch queen. Hour and a half latter to get the the falls above her palace :flushed:

I hope They solve it bug before update come out.

Did your thralls moved back to they place again after you log out and loged in or they still silking in the foundations?

No. Just logged in and everyone is up to their necks again.
Iā€™ll get back top it later, I logged in, saw that, logged out.

Iā€™ll get back on because Iā€™m slapping around dungeons.

That honestly is not too bad i think, i have seen much, much, much worse on every official i play on. Like at least 3x that buildā€™s size, and several belonging to a single clan/player.

1 Like

This is completely reasonable :smile_cat:

That is my base on the beta severer. Itā€™s not finished as you can see but I have no idea what to do with all that empty space. My main on live is 3 of those single sections stacked; hat box style, and that has lots of empty space. This is 2X+ the size of my normal base.

1 Like

I placed her last nightā€¦ she walked over to the Thaumaturgy bench immediately, then went to the chair and faked eating soup, then went back here and HAS NOT moved since.

Goddamnit this is broken.

I mean, I donā€™t care personally for the ā€œsettlement systemā€. This is a hindrance to me in terms of the way I play PVP, at least I know how to break their AI so they become the dolls that thralls always kind of were.

But I know many players wanted something like this.

I truly believe that taking a look at other games that have created settlement systems is advisable. Palworld in particular, while is still in EA and has its own bugs, has made the Pals(thralls) look and feel lively. Forgive me for a comparison to another game but honestly, this attempt feels like a placation of a previously envisioned idea, it is empty, a shell.

3 Likes

WHOA ok, hmm.

I know this is something that happens frequently enough that if you have not rendered placeables for some time it immediately crafts anything in the benches.

But holy hot damn, 5 mins ago I went to KO this Cimmerian Berseker, teleported to Brimlake, brought him over to my wheel outpost east of Sep along the greenwall. Placed him the wheel, went to my bonfire and auto crafted instantly all gruel (thanks, I didnā€™t need that), then placed 1 stack in the wheel. The CB auto broke and jumped out in front of me here now:

I didnā€™t even disarm my bonk stick and rope! So added bug of him auto placing his damn self. But I was here yesterday, about 12 hours agoā€¦

1 Like