Q&A Dev Stream: Ask your questions here!

Any plans for more NPC shipwrecks? (Potential thralls getting washed up on the beaches)

Any plans for caravans or bandit ambushes or other NPCs to interact with players?

Any plans for additional “world events” (like a special maelstorm spawn or special wild surge that drops monsters instead of NPCs)?

Any plans for the “friendly” encampment up north to have more interactivity with players (events)?

What plans are there for changes before Siptah is officially “released”? (What improvements do the devs currently want to see added)

16 Likes

3 questions from my side:

1. will be able to let thralls Farm for us like ark does with their dinos ?

2. is there a Release Date for PlayStation 4/5 for Isle of Siptah ?

3. will Funcom work on travel mechanic for oldmap and newer Maps between each other?

Maybe a Bonus question : when will be coming more mounts in the Future?

2 Likes

I’m avoiding spoilers so…I got nothing but…

*copy paste all of my questions from before and suggestion threads on insert stuff cause shes to lazy to retype them for 100th time. XD

short-asian-hairstyles-for-women-1-min

Oh well… My only question then, since 2021 is so vague for ps4…
I’m getting a ps5, Demon Souls, Cyberpunk 2077… By time I get Isles… will I even go back to ps4? Will Conan Exiles be on Ps5 with update?

You guys and gals get ps5 dev kits so the super bad patches will stop?

5 Likes

I have done the update and purchased the new DLC. Now when i log into exiled lands all my stuff is gone. armour, weapons, Crafting materials id been farming. NOT HAPPY. I was only on there 3 days ago so it cant be from inactivity. I check the event log and there was no purge either. I still have all my thralls and some tiles and walls but all my crafting stations, and cupboard’s are gone, Will this be fixed? My Server is Oceania 1950 PvE. My Player name is Crixus.

3 Likes

I would also like to first of all congratulate you guys on a job well done. I am having an absolute blast with Siptah and all the new monsters and world space is very refreshing and well implemented. The mystery of this isle is intoxicating!

Questions:

• Will we be able to colour/dye our horse and rhino saddles in the near future?

• Are there any plans on adding more biomes (like snow) to Siptah be it a seperate island North?

• Will there be more caves added?
    (I have explored maybe 15% of the isle but I have not found many caves, I love them in Exiled lands)

8 Likes

Do the devs have any plans on further balancing the healing system that was put in place with this update?

2 Likes

Is there any plan with Siptah Early Access roadmap to update Archery, like some of the other core systems (like warm/cold armor and healing) . At the moment 4th level perk in accuracy makes your archery damage a lot worse (presumably a bug?), and has been so for 6 months. So if not overhaul of archery, is the change for the perk in horizon at least?

Hi Nicole,

Some changes are too extreme and not enough tested, for example the movement in December 2019, the 4th archery perk in mai, the healing and raiding system recently. Much more gradual changes are needed so as not to break the game.

If you look over PC [updates and bugs], you will find at least 50 different posts getting activity over the last 24 hours. Part of it is old business, part of it is result of the new DLC “early access”.

Now imagine that being doubled, since they haven’t tested the same content on consoles. Bugs will duplicate and there will also be a lot of console related bugs, the whole pack. As a matter of fact, in this very moment, we have xbox one users being unable to log into the game for over 15 days, without a fix.

They don’t want to deal with all of that right now. It would probably hurt their image if they do so.

1 Like

Are you going to change the healing system? Was inside Klaels and my thrall almost died from Arena Champion because healing the thralls are also crap like healing us.

1 Like

Enjoying Siptah so far.

Will there be a server wipe at the end of early access? I’m ok wiith that.

Are there any plans to implement no build zones to th wild surge areas and pathways leading up to some of them?

3 Likes

Could you please increase the tier of the crafting thralls dropped by wild surges???
70% t1
20% t2
10% t3
would be a great improvement over the completely useless 100% t1’s
I’ve done over 30 wild surges and the only things higher than t1’s have been entertainers, fighters and bearers.

7 Likes

I’m reposting this from Reddit just so you see it because I’m so annoyed w/the new healing system.

can we also have…

repairing weapons/tools/armor
eating/drinking
gathering resources
stop all other actions and lock us into an animation until the process is complete?

• OR -

can you please tie in the new healing system and make it more synergistic with the current perks system and get rid of the non-cancellable bandage animation?

we should at least be able to cancel the animation

reduce the crafting time of healing potions and bandages

increase the duration of cripple so we can have moments to heal without creatures resetting and fully healing back up

• OR -

reduce the duration in which fighter/archer thralls are broken and allow us to have 2 or more under our command at once so we can fully now depend on them

invisible sandstorms are still a thing and are now more expensive because of the new healing items being needed

untelegraphed attacks or skipped animations by server creatures is still a thing causing unpreventable damage which is also now more expensive because of the new healing items being needed

collisions involving hitboxes is still a thing, where we get stuck inside creatures or terrain objects causing unpreventable damage which is also now more expensive because of the new healing items being needed

permalinkembedsavereportgive awardreplied

[–]JennSTX 1 point 4 minutes ago
The new healing system is a MASSIVE PITA. Even at lvl 40 on Exiles, it makes even low level (Black Kappa, Corrupted Wolf) like a boss fight & I die.

Why can’t they layer it on top of the old one? Not having food or herbal tea makes this a grind that is not fun at all.

I work, I don’t have 12+ hrs a day to die endlessly by random animals just to build a shack. It’s really ruined the fun of it.

I get that after years mega players want insane masochistic challenges - but why can’t you just offer a “hard core” mode for those types with maybe some extra weapon options? idk but it’s really went from being a blast to feeling like real life. I joked w/someone that the only way to make this feel more sucky would be to force everyone to wear masks and unleash a plague.

3 Likes

This update is enormous in size 60GB, this is worrying me since future map expansion could make the game around 150GBs and 200GBs. So for those of us who do not own the expansion those assets bloat our HDD, can we expect those to be removed since we don’t need and have access to them ?

EDIT: Offline mode when ?

1 Like

Hey hey
Alrighty here’s some of my questions.

1. In regards to the latest health/temp system revamp, food healing got changed completely; but as this has happened it almost makes the whole light/med/high grades of food pretty useless and the multitude of recipes is also not worth using in the game any more, cost outweighs worth.
    So my questions is:
    Q: Will we be seeing a revamp of the food system in the near future?
    Q: Will there perhaps be more options added for early game healing?
    (context: rough wraps are great but they take a lot of time to apply to the already fragile player hp pool and can be unfriendly in that regards to new players, firebowl cauldron comes a bit later so the lower levels are kinda left to suffer until they can afford to make this.)

2. As it has been made pretty apparent console users are currently struggling to play conan due to the last patch
    Q: Will console users be receiving any kind of new content or fixes between now and next year when the planned release is? and if so do you have an estimate how long these kind of fixes will take (time/date ect?)

3. I have noticed whilst playing a lot of siptah big cats are really prominent (or creatures with the same animation sets), and they are a little to keen on there target locking. They’re pretty deadly to low-highmid level players due to the bleed they afflict and quick movement and you can no longer hide behind a shield to go and heal up properly.
    Q: Will there be any adjustments to the AI on big cats or perhaps a bleed nerf, or spawn reduction?

4. In regards to the new healing system the animation time is an absolute killer in some circumstances, ive found myself running away from things to heal but then it takes so long they come and eat me and i can’t get out of this animation
    Q: Will there be options to cancel animations in the future much of like of emote cancelling

6 Likes

It sounds like Funcom and I were on the same page with healing. Food should satiate you and prevent you from starving. It should NOT heal you much, if at all. It doesn’t in real life. If you were injured in combat, you’d have to stop and dress your wounds or perish. The current Exiled Lands system is trash. I can’t tell you how many fight’s I’ve lost because I prepare for battle and they prepare to eat. Especially when I get them to 1HP and suddenly they were at 200hp with NO repercussions. The new system is spot on. Eat to minimal health gain and satiation. Drink a magical potion for quick healing and to really heal, bandage your wounds for full healing. As it should be.

Love that you’re taking feedback but please don’t make the game boring easy like Exiles. I hope that you keep minion damage low too. Thralls should NOT win fights for the player. You should have to do the fighting with some support from the thrall, not the other way around.

Too many people who can’t fight and just agro their thrall to you then leave. Meanwhile, they are so OP that you don’t stand a chance with a leveled up thrall. Then they loot you like they are the champion. It’s BS. I’m okay with fighting and loosing and giving the spoils of victory to the winner but thralls shouldn’t be the winner. If you get what I’m saying?

LOVE the Offline Raid Protection too. It’s about time. Offline raiding kills servers. BUT so does static Bosses. If possible, I’d like to see random boss spawns so that people can continually be challenged as they scour the island.

Anyway, so exited about this and I think you’re doing a great job. Keep it up.

3 Likes

I’m on console mostly. I don’t know what you’re referring to. The only issues we have are PS4 isn’t powerful enough to truly run Conan the way it should. There are some glitches like we can’t see animal foods but honestly, I think so many of the complaints are just because people will complain about anything.

On console, rendering and lag are truly the biggest problems. And lag really only happens at the worst possible time - when fighting near someone’s base. Especially if they foundation spam. Which needs a way of preventing. That’s not a skill. That’s just being a jerk.

Food, quality in my opinion should be how long it lasts before you’re hungry again. I think Siptah got this spot on. I just don’t think people are used to it. It’s a new system. I pray they don’t listen to this complaint as the current system is garbage. Food is not healing. It’s sustenance.

Again, this is the whole purpose I believe. Plus come on, I had healing wraps in like 5 min of gameplay. They’re easy to make. Bandaging your wounds is SUPPOSED to take time. This was done to prevent the trash system we have now where people carry tons of food and spam the healing without any type of consequence. You shouldn’t be able to eat a Lasting Meal while climbing a mountain or wielding any weapon or moving at all for that matter.

I do agree there seems to be a lot of big cats and ferral dogs. Though, I was able to dodge many of them and kill them. THEN heal with wraps. I had to jump up on some rocks a lot to heal but I personally love the challenge they present. Stay near the beach until you level up if they’re killing you maybe? The birds will help you level up…Oh and build some shelter there. The beach is the new noob river.

Again, this is done on purpose. The new system is not designed for spam healing. It’s designed for a more realistic healing system. You won’t be able to run around and go from 2 HP to 250HP in 3 seconds as you do now. I pray those days NEVER return as it’s a trash way to play.

2 Likes

Xbox i believe it is more of the issue, dont really know about ps4 users.
we on pc also have these not being able to see animal food issues.

I don’t expect them to add healing back to food but id like them to at least rework the food to some what make it useful in some way.

I’m not personally having an issue with it but like i said new players on the rough wraps.
There is also over spawns of cats in the massive hills biome, you fight one and then 4 more dog pile on you. You dodge and that doesn’t matter because they will swipe and swoosh around your back.

3 Likes

I think you have to look at food as simply a method of not starving and dying that way. That old mechanic was terrible and should never have existed in the first place. I mean, if food healed I’d be the healthiest person in the world and McDonalds would be king of the medical world LOL.

LOL, yes, I do think there are A LOT of creatures around. I love it but I can see how it could be overwhelming. Maybe people just need to rethink their play. I think people are taking their play style to Siptah and it just doesn’t work. You have to be sneaky and creative. I guess they are working to remove the Conan version of spray and pray game play. If you think about it.

That’s all great and all but then what is the point of all those other food items in the game, you might as well just simplify it into a few meals and remove the latter.
Because only a small handful of people are going to make those other meals.
I think my worry is more about these things will go to waste and nobody will barely use them, making the cooking system redundant in the process instead of a fun activity.

And of course siptah has its own element and way to play, that comes across quite strongly that, there are new challenges and that is completely fine.
But from my experience in what I was talking about there is no being sneaky and creative about it. Its one of those situations where you either ignore the prey there or have to fight them all at once, but of course with the bleed you just cannot do that on foot. your only option would be to use bow and arrow or run away which is just streamlining people to play in one way instead of playing with whatever they like and being creative.

1 Like