Questions about being banned!

I’m not mad about being banned, I completely agree with it I just wasn’t aware of the rule at the time of the wall being built, (never played a game where you have go to a forum sight to find the rules) Im mad my tribe mates who weren’t in tribe at the time got permanently banned from all servers who payed money for dlc’s. Everyone in this thread can think I’m just making excuses, I enjoyed the game but it’s broken, funcom sold everyone a beta stage game.

1 Like

Let me see if I understand … you built a wall on the noob river?

What made you think it was okay to force other players to speak with your clan to get permission to explore beyond the starting area?

Anyone with common sense knows that is wrong. They don’t need it spelled out.

9 Likes

Ah, common sense… that’s the key here.

2 Likes

Found the problem.

8 Likes

If the wall was made on the noob river, there is no tactical purpose … this was done to harm the server and new players. Accept the fact that FC did a huge cleaning service. Bye and enjoy a new game o7

1 Like

I’m not mad about being banned, I completely agree with it I just wasn’t aware of the rule at the time of the wall being built, (never played a game where you have go to a forum sight to find the rules) Im mad my tribe mates who weren’t in tribe at the time got permanently banned from all servers who played money for dlc’s. Everyone in this thread can think I’m just making excuses, I enjoyed the game but it’s broken, funcom sold everyone a beta stage game.

We had open map rooms and gave noobs thralls, building supplies, tools, weapons, armor, everything to get built faster cause we had a problem with high levels offline raiding noobs in the past

We do

3 Likes

Helping new players is good, but I fail to see what role did the wall play in that scheme.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I’m bored I put on my black suit and play bouncer at the public library. When it’s hot outside I even give out free water. People think I’m an idiot but I don’t see the problem. I stand in front of the library on public ground which I paid with my tax money… c’mon!

3 Likes

Perception vs reality… This is something I am trying to explain to my 8 year old daughter. As I explained to her, The reality may be that you were telling the other kid not to talk to you in class. But the teacher’s perception was that you were the one talking because that is what she saw.

Your clam may have been the nicest group of people. You Could have created public map rooms every where. You could have had welcome centers with tons of free supplies. You could have given every new player a legendary weapon, flawless armor, and a full set of T4 thralls.

However, the Perception created by your wall. The perception created by asking or requesting people talk to your clan before getting past that wall, no matter your actual reason, the perception was that your clan was causing major problems. You were banned. It happens. Next time, think how your actions may be perceived, because if you don’t, you get burned.

2 Likes

Rule has nothing to do with it. They just don’t want you on their servers. The ‘rules’ are there to indicate their desires and nothing more. Just like any private server they can ban you for any reason, or no reason at all.

And then you calling it a broken game shows how salty you actually are.

Everyone keep pointing and laughing. He’ll get fed up eventually.

3 Likes

Could someone get banned for making a female Stygian named Isis? It is the Greek translation of the Egyptian name Aset, and not a reference to extremist militant groups, but in today’s politically correct atmosphere this is a serious question. I generally use Greek names and was curious as to whether it would be resented if someone used historically significant Egyptian names.

2 Likes

I think not, Isis is a common name in certain countries

1 Like

It was an amusing thought. In the event log it would say “Aquilonian Wall destroyed by Isis”, and in chat people would speak of the bombings from an Isis led raid. You’d log in at the desert spawn point with a message saying “You were killed by Isis”.

It would be wonderful if we could transcend the politics and enjoy the game as an escape (as most of us do), but there’s just always the assumption that someone would be offended. With the way this game is managed, I’d bet it wouldn’t be a big deal and you’re right, it’d be just fine. :smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a virtual guarantee. But it’s only a problem if you see that as a bad thing. Or, rather, if the powers that be (server owner) saw it as a problem.

I can’t imagine anyone with a functional brain having a problem with a character called Isis though.

2 Likes

https://www.acronymfinder.com/ISIS.html

Isis as an acronym also covers a wide range of groups. Yes the one is bad, but others are valid governmental organizations that just share a bad acronym.

1 Like

particularly this one:

3 Likes

LOL, that was the first one that popped up in my head. :+1:

1 Like