Remove flagging for people who flag multiple posts that don’t break rules, these random flagger are getting out of hand

Just this.
Not wanting to hurt someone’s feelings or engage them as they spew some cult fantasy as fact as their eyes roll back in their heads is just being polite.

1 Like

Well I keep getting flagged when I just tell others to ignore the posts that are egotistical and aggressive attacks, without mentioning 1 name. And I 8nclude feedback on topic. So yeah, I hope they really check the posts and the spam flagged and punish them.

Ah, I was wondering if that was going to pop up. When it comes to this specific instance to which you’re referring so obliquely, I can offer a bit of insight, because I was one of those who flagged you. Not offering it to you, by the way, since you’ve made it clear I’m not welcome inside your echo chamber, but rather for everyone else who has to keep running into your little nuggets of hypocritical passive aggression all over the forums.

Let’s go over the context, first. We’re talking about a thread started by a frustrated player who has been experiencing a particularly nasty bug for a long time now. The bug is nasty because it:

• is hard to diagnose
  • affects only a small portion of players
  • freezes up the computer completely, requiring a forced reboot

Of course, people suspected hardware, and they said so. The OP categorically rejected this and made a claim about how this is a more widespread problem than anyone thinks and how assumptions that it’s hardware make it worse. I said that in absence of hard data, suspecting hardware is perfectly reasonable when trying to diagnose this, and that if the OP is not merely venting and wants help, he should work with the people trying to help.

The OP explained how he already tried fixing and upgrading the hardware and it didn’t work, and provided an additional detail about how this issue only started after the addition of the Frozen North and the jungle. He also complained about “people hammering him with attitudes”. I don’t think anyone in that particular thread did that, but we all have different ways of interpreting the same words.

So much for context. That’s where you entered and offered your contribution to the thread. Here it is, reproduced in its second version, after you edited it to make it appear less inflammatory:

I don’t have the first version, but even here, the ratio between actual useful information and slamming those nasty “passive aggressive egoists” is merely 1:1. Unless I’m mistaken, it was worse before, but maybe it’s a different post I’m thinking of, what with your penchant for jumping on every single thread you can find to take potshots at the “OG bullies” and whatnot.

What grinds my gears, though, is the total and utter hypocrisy of what you do. You pretend you’re a crusader against the toxic voices on the forums, but I’ve never seen you speak against toxic behavior unless it’s from a very small group of people you dislike. You pretend you’re against bullying, but it’s perfectly fine for people to hurl all sorts of personal attacks and insults against anyone you consider to be “OG”.

And since I’ve seen way too many people driven off these forums by utter vileness from those who you so courageously defend from “bullying”, I find myself with no patience for your little charade. Like I said elsewhere, I don’t care if I get flagged or even banned. If people like you are going to make this place toxic, I might as well give you my honest opinion. If you wanna burn the place down, then let’s make it a blaze to remember.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.