Rename and Recustomize Character

Barber Shop :wink:

7 Likes

Yes, they could easily add an unkillable NPC we can talk to who can give a haircut, change makeup, etc. No animations necessary, just bring up the customization menu again.

4 Likes

Personally I would like to be able to tame an NPC with the barber skill set, and then set him/her up with a little shop, so when I feel like changing something about my character I just go to my barber.

5 Likes

So many great ideas on this thread. I sought this thread out because my creative gear skipped and a last name for my character finally occurred to me. Been wanting to add it on. And yes, hair styles and colors would be great to play around with, in game. Would love for it to be a sort of crafting related option, too, it’s something to do.
Saw someone mention length, too. Dare we hope? I’ll second that if doable. But mainly name change and hair/beard change would be absolutely epic.

1 Like

Im glad this is being reopened. This is something we in the forums have been asking for a loooong time. It was understandable in the beginning because the game was still trying to find itself, but now its well overdue

1 Like

I agree.

I noticed when doing Building Identify the owner is a number, so at least that ownership is tied to a number and not the players name. Where those two connect I’d love to know as an admin I’d like to have the ability to change names for a variety of reasons, though I don’t think it should be available to everyone or done excessively.

Stop spreading bulls.hit please. The character name is just a nvarchar(20) field in the SQLite database table “player”. The table also has an id field (as every table should have for the primary key in a relational database system) which is used to identify every building piece of a player, independently of the player’s name. This explains why there can be multiple players with the same name on one server without them being able to access each other’s bases.

Currently you can only recreate your character on PS4 in order to change your name and Funcom only acknowledged that they would enable changing faces and hairstyles with an ingame bench.

1 Like

We will get re-customization.
But name change not, not sure if I like or not like it.

Change name for destroy player things and stay anonymous
not a good thing.

Correct. Though to be fair, Mr. Chicken here did say that back in April '19 and was corrected even back then. :fist_right: :horse: :fist_left:

There are Mods that you can access to; by ingame mods and Steam workshop options. Some nice mods there.

Anyhow the Mods require extra memory (download) from your pc and they usually add up. Some mods also have issues which their creator usually stated ‘At your own risk’

You can unassign to mods at steamworkshop and remove them.

Mods work only at Private servers.Some mods also are not compatible with certain private servers and their unique mods.

A very old topic, but one I support and feel like it needs attention again. As a console player who doesn’t have access to mods, I think we should be able to have the ability to rename our characters. Maybe through the use of the Orb of Nergal?