Running/Using Parsers?

So for a long time myself and some of my guild members have been really interested in using a parser for tracking stats in raids an other instances… however, I have no idea where to start or what to use. What do you use, what are the features? I know there are some different ones out there, at least I assume, so which would you reccomend? And ultimately… how do I use it?

1 Like

One of the most popular is GuildStats, I still see it used a lot: http://guildstats.net/
That site has all the relevant info about how to use, but basically you:

1. Type in chat in-game:

/logcombat on

2. Tell the program where to find log files

3. View in either Real Time (buggy), or in the regular parse section

Burnstats might still work:
http://forums-archive.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?183237-Burnstats

Both are pretty easy to use.

Last time I used GuildStats though (4 or 5 years ago), it was a bit buggy. I personally use an old version of the program from back when it was called ConanStats.

I believe ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) has some plugins for AoC somewhere too, though that is a complicated program.

And I think there are a couple other options floating around, possibly specific to a couple guilds out there.

1 Like

I recommend Advanced Combat Tracker. Be sure to use the 3.2.2 version, since Dalen’s plugin isn’t compatible with the new one. Once you’re done installing ACT, you can use it to see the current encounter or to load old logs.

To see the current encounter:
1/ Go to Options => Data Correction => Miscellaneous to set your current chat name.
2/ Type /logcombat on in chat (I made two scripts named ‘logon’ and ‘logoff’ to make this step faster :p) before the fight.
3/ Enjoy the magic.

To load an old log:
1/ Go to Import/Export.
2/ Click Select File and choose the log you want to load. All logs are named Combatlog-YYYY-MM-DD_HHHH.txt.
3/ Go to Main => Import Zone and enjoy the magic.

It’s really good when you want to analyze an encounter or a rotation.

ACT generates scripts at the end of an encounter:

/act_all is sent to the /text channel and contains all the encounters of the current log file. You’ll be the only one to see it.
/act_last is sent to the /text channel and contains the last encounter of the current log file. You’ll be the only one to see it.
/act_report is sent to the active channel and contains all the encounters of the current log file.
/act_report_all is sent to the active channel and contains the last encounter of the current log file.
/act_selected is sent to the active channel and contains the encounter of your choice (Right-click on the encounter in ACT => Export to AoC.)
/act_selected_tell CHARNAME is sent as a private message and contains the encounter of your choice (Right-click on the encounter in ACT => Export to AoC.)

2 Likes

ACT is good when u want to have maximum information about dps of everyone in your raid, coz this programm show you all details about it. It shows amount of uses for every combos and spells of any member of raid, % of damage for every combo or spell in rotation, % of critical hits, etc.

This program is suitable if you want to get an idea of the rotation of each member of the raid in order to give them advice or change your own rotation and build, looking to the rotation of the best players.

But personally I have a lot of problems with this parser, sometimes it stop parsing without any reason. May be it is only my problem.

I’m not like Burnstats, coz it calculate all output damage. For example it calculate damage to Pets on Zodiac with damage to Symbols - which is abolutely unimportant and not give you full and true picture about real dps. You can’t see who is not damage golems on Imperor, can’t see who is not damage ice prisons on Honorguard in T5, etc.

Also useful tool is RN Combat Monitor it show you separated parsers for every boss, mobs and adds per encounter. It can give you info about all slackers in your raid. An additional it is also announser of most important casts of bosses and of most important AA and save abilities of your raiders.

1 Like

I made a new topic for parser detailed guides here:

2 Likes