Running while over-encumbered

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region:

As the title says you can run while over-encumbered. Around 100-102% if you have a tool in your hotbar and you keep equipping and unequipping a tool a couple times you could run. Not sprint only run. Higher encumbered percentages eliminate this bug. Wielding a shield will slow it down but still faster than walking with your pockets full. Weapons do not seem to trigger this from my experience.
Also 30 point invested in ENC so no final perk. I will add pictures about the running animation while over-encumbered if neccessary.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Prepare for a gathering adventure by putting a harvesting tool into your hotbar.
  2. Fill your pockets with stones, baby animals etc.
  3. Try to run. Not working? Here’s a solution:
  4. Get between 100-102% over-encumbered.
  5. Equip your tool and run casually, but don’t sprint because it’s too much.
1 Like

Yup, I’ve seen this too. It’s been reported a few times but I suspect its a tricky one to pin down…

If enc >100% then dont run
else run

:smiley:

I would say its a tricky one, if the ENC-display value would say sth wrong (like 99% instead of 100%). But you see the correct value…

1 Like

Heh, true. Tripped over similar situations myself though, when I haven’t been totally well behaved in going back to “live” SQL data for a quick validation check.

Whoopsies sorry.
I did not look at it in the forums because I was worried about forgetting this AGAIN :smile:

1 Like

I’ve always considered it a grace period. Like the warning stripe at the end of a baseball field. It only happens at the edge of being overencumbered.

Hey, man, you’ve gathered too much stone and if you swing that pick one more time, you won’t be able to run anymore.

Dude, you were overencumbered, but since you’re crafting foundations and the next one will make you under the limit, we’ll go ahead and let you run while this one is crafting.

2 Likes

Hey @rolee9309

We’re aware of this issue and our team is looking into it.
Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this too. Also, sometimes the inverse:

1. Overencumber yourself (and make sure the game registers it and slows you down per the OP’s bug)
  2. Get rid of some weight, back down below 100, especially by building stuff from materials in your inventory.
  3. Continue walking or try to walk.
  4. Walk slowly, as though the encumbered effect is still on, even though you are no longer encumbered.
  5. Hold your sprint key, even for just a second
  6. Sprint just fine, with unencumbered stamina loss
  7. Jog just fine, after releasing sprint key.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.