Server Progression Settings Won't Stay Saved

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA???

I’ve seen the “Closed” thread and it’s suggestions. I’ve heard that this was resolved… it’s not.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Change progression settings.
  2. Change nudity…
  3. Exit settings menu. reopen settings, check server progression. So far, so good.
  4. Exit game to main menu. Restart game. Check settings. Still good.
  5. Quit game. Restart game. Settings have been reset. Not good.

Check to see if your serversettings.ini is set to read only.

I found a ServerSettings.ini file and a ServerSettings.ini.bak file. It was in a weird place (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor) and was read only, so I changed it. My settings are being saved now.

FYI, I never manually edited this file and I never set it to read only. I also had no idea where to find the file, so I opened every folder until I found it…

Sorry, I was on my phone at the time of my reply and forgot to check back in with the actual folder location.

Ya I dunno, Windows being Windows I guess? Been doing computer stuff for a long time, not the first time I’ve witnessed a random file being set to read only, but who knows. As long as its working now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.