Server Settings: Gender Spawn Ratio

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m not sure if it’s even possible, but seems like a server setting for this would be a good idea.

A server setting with a slider, where you can determine the gender leanings of non-unique thrall NPCs when they spawn.

Currently I believe the system works based on pools. So that you have a pool of Black Hand NPC types, and a unique may be included. If the unique spawns it’s usually a fixed gender.

But when the non-uniques are chosen, they have a chance to be either male or female.

The ability for us to influence this in the server settings would be nice. Especially for those who would rather see an entirely female or male Exiled Lands, for whatever reason.

A single slider based on percent.
Male ---------- Female
Slider position dictates the dominant gender.
At 50% it is equal on both sides.
51% and higher means more males will spawn.
49% and lower means more females will spawn.

1 Like

I like the random numbers used now.

I would not want to join a server and then discover that the owner prefers females only. IF such a feature were added, I would want a SJW warning on server selections.

Choice is always good.

SJW stuff is mostly bulls***. Not sure why you felt the need to bring that up.

Some people may just prefer haivng all female NPCs, or all male ones. Or a population that is more males than females, or more females than males.

I brought it up because it is a concern for me. As I stated, I do not want to land on a server that is all female NPCs because the server owner is…into politics.

Odds are, if a server owner went all (or mostly) female npcs it would be because they are into boobs. Not politics.

3 Likes

I am not into an over abundance of either. Natural balance is a good thing with me.

I mean I play Official so I don’t feel this pertains to myself.
But I can see Private Servers benefiting from this as an additional customization setting.
I could also see this feature benefiting testers.

3 Likes

Choice is always good
I do find this statement hypocritical coming from you.
But regardless, I do agree with you in a sense.
I think it’s more then reasonable that this setting would be displayed just like other standard server settings that are viewable when selecting a server.

I’m the first one to disagree with pretty much everything Shadoza has to say. But reading between the lines I can find his point relevant. It’s good to have opposition on the forum it helps us refine and evolve our ideas.

3 Likes

Why this? I do not understand your point.

I’ve seen you preach that more options are better multiple times. But in my opinion, the real statement you’re making is more options are better as long as they benefit yourself. Most recent example without digging through past posts, is the Endowment thread. It seems like it’s not a good option in your opinion because you won’t use it and, would just have it removed from the game as such. - The only point I’m making is we do not agree on almost everything, and I’m completely fine with that. I feel it helps the creative process and overall betterment of feature ideas.

2 Likes

My not desiring something is not a license to remove it. Please do not confuse my personal preference with being “Not an option.” In the example stated, I said that I would not care if it were removed. I did not order that it be removed; I am only stating that it is not a useful thing to me.

Calling me a hypocrite because I do not like something is what I do not understand. I did not say in this thread that the item should not be, I stated that I would not like it and if it happened, it should be stated on the server list that a server is using a specific setting…more directly, one that may be perceived as a political statement. I mentioned SJW because that is the extreme I would like to avoid. I think you might be placing more weight on my opinions that than should be there.

I understand my viewpoint is unique and highly personal; I do not expect everyone to agree or support my views.

1 Like

There are mods on the steam workshop that change the male/female spawn rates,
they aren’t hard to find.

1 Like

Simply we will have to agree to disagree.

I support your right to having a different view, and have noted several times that I see it as a good thing.

2 Likes

Not so simple when I feel attacked personally.

Most definitely wasn’t attacking you. I was actually defending your original point, as well as complimenting the diversity a difference in opinion brings to the thread.

2 Likes

To many men spawns really anyway… what limited spawn of females that happen is Water Melons.
Theres alot of setting that could be added…

I’d say i find myself more in Admin panel spawning t3’s 30-40+ trying to get one decent female that isnt rocking Balloons. T_T
Anything below 50% on slider would be nice. I’d say 1 outta 8 is female anyway.

Most of men rock the Balding hair style. (which I think is glitch hair style, as it looks like long hair one, but top of head is bald, and it clips on side of head)

Then again…instead of slider, why not push towards a create a thrall altar we can sacrifice unwanted thralls to, So we can create thralls of are design and vocations. XD
required items and all that fun stuff. XD

Alternatively, instead of a slider and spawn rate, we could get a relatively inexpensive potion or food to feed Thralls.

The Potion/Food of Gender Bending

Thrall uses it, and are remade as the opposing gender using the same racial parameters and random features.

This way, it comes down to player preference, while thralls spawn normally on the server. Since we have a potion for making dicks bigger, this seems like something they should give us as well.

1 Like

Cept…Console user kinda get middle finger on this one. =/

I could use this opportunity to proclame PC’s superiority. :slight_smile:

But in reality I believe consoles are just specialized computers, so it would be an empty gesture.
Maybe someday consoles will have better mod opportunities, until then PC people should still be made aware they have options.

Not likely. Sony is extremely ■■■■ about mods. Just look at what they did with Skyrim Special Edition. That and they are also getting ■■■■ about anything that might hurt the children, even if it’s a game specifically designed for adults.

MeToo turned Sony into Nintendo. And Nintendo has become the console where you can get uncensored content now.

Honestly though, they need to give us a potion for this. If they can devote time to fluff additions like the Potion of Endowment, there should be no reason they can’t devote time to an actual useful addition, like a Potion to change your thrall’s gender.