Server wont run

Howdy.

I’m attempting to run a conan server on my intel nuc - I’ve run one before with no issues but this time around when I hit “start server” in Dedicatedserverlauncher 1.3.8 or the beta, it downloads, says its running then immediately stops.

I keep all the server stuff in one folder and copied that entire folder (meaning the same config) to my desktop and run it which runs fine/launches the server as expected

My best guess is there’s a dependency or some library missing - I’ve manually installed/updated .net c++ and directx and also installed and launched the game itself from the NUC next step is formatting windows but i really don’t wanna go that far.

any suggestions?

apparently new users can’t add files (so i can’t add logs)

It should tell you what is happening in the last few lines before the shutdown in the log. You can paste those here. No need to paste the whole log.

You can also join the CE Admin Discord for more help:

it’s all here

but to check first thing that comes to mind: have you opened required ports in firewall, so SteamAPI can do it’s thing?

Yes, ports are open I attempted to share a screenie of the launcher which showed the ports were all happy and I didn’t have anything weird setup.

Of note my desktop isn’t setup with the correct port forwards (as I was just testing it even worked) and it still gladly launched the server.

the log ends with:
[2021-06-01 04:15:20.266] [TID:1416] IMPORTANT: DedicatedServerLauncher - **** Server is running ****
[2021-06-01 04:15:21.102] [TID:1416] IMPORTANT: DedicatedServerLauncher - Reloaded engine.ini file
[2021-06-01 04:15:21.108] [TID:1416] IMPORTANT: DedicatedServerLauncher - Reloaded game.ini file
[2021-06-01 04:15:23.267] [TID:1416] IMPORTANT: DedicatedServerLauncher - **** Server is stopped ****

that would be working theory, does it install correctly, I mean no issues in CMD screen?
any mods?

i’ve tried without mods.

i’ve isolated and freshly installed from the dedicated server utility with all default settings.

despite that if i copy it all over to my desktop it runs fine.

is there anything other than c++ .net or direct x that usually needs to be installed for this stuff to run?

Installed the Latest beta dedicated server software (1.4.6?) and suddenly everything is working again.

I haven’t even restarted since I downloaded 1.4.5 and tried it (it didn’t work) so no idea why it’s suddenly decided to start working.

1 Like