Shade endgame soloing and deflect - returning player

Hi all,
I came back after several years and dusted off my old shade. It’s a pretty complete 220/30/70 with almost all the endgame stuff. Used to solo the bird boss in Alb no problem.
But now I found the new DEFLECT stat and not sure how to handle it. So I’d like to ask you guys a few specific questions about that, mostly relevant to endgame soloing.
If all this has been answered in other topics, I’m sorry I couldn’t find the answers I need. If I missed something post a link to that topic please.

1. Should I even bother with deflect? At the moment it’s 1443. How much benefit would I get from maxing it, seeing how I would have to reset some other skills and reduce them to get the IP.
  2. I’ve got 2725 run speed, could I cut some IP away from there? I heard somewhere that your rs doesn’t get faster past the 2k mark.
  3. My concealment is 3k. Could I cut down on that and still be able to use smoke bomb in endgame encounters or sneak past mobs in Albe for example?
  4. Perception 1674 and first aid 1152. Should I have that? First aid is handy when you pop a stim while soloing but is maxing deflect instead a greater benefit?
    I would appreciate any ideas and comments, please.
1 Like

Here’s one answer. It holds true. Basically, much IP for little chance. You’re better off only upping to weapon requirements.

Perception’s only really good for crit scopes, and if you can bribe a clan Solitus to team you (if not clan), you can easily equip any crit scope. Otherwise, it’s only come to play in PvP and team Dark Ruins in PvE.

First Aid is waaaay better than Deflect, but it’s really up to you if that much First Aid is good for you. The higher you go with that, the more the rewards diminish.

I present to you, a QL 50 Health and Nano Stim, a QL 100 Health and Nano Stim and a QL 200 such. Remember, IP is exponentially more costly the higher the skill. It doesn’t really pay. (See Keune’s post below for giggles.)

To your RS skill, all I’ve got to tell you is that @kerrigan once joked about how she can reach 3k RS just with perks and how she’s faster than the eye can see when she does that, so… yeah, maybe you don’t need that much RS.

1 Like

I am using such QL 100 stims

Ah ha! Yes, you’ve got the right of it. Mea culpa.

Thank you for your comments, guys.

Just thought I’d throw my 2 cents in for anyone reading this much later.

This is my Body and Defense on Qora (220/30 Shade). I frequently solo LotV, TNH, Mitaar without much of a problem. Deflect I found was all around a useless thing to IP and wouldn’t recommend ever equipping a weapon that needed it. Self Buffs Only

I have a base attack rating of 2761, but am still missing PoH upgrades and some DB3 gear. This goes up to 3161 when totemic rites is done and I can maintain that throughout the fight.

With a mix of Degeneration of Haste doing -1400 to my enemies inits (It procs on every hit) I have no problem proccing Ritual Perks, Sneaking Health Drain, Siphon Being, Shade’s Caress, Diffuse, Exultation and Dimach to keep my health up on the tougher mobs, but practice with cycling all of that is needed. I don’t use health stims, but have IPd a tiny amount of First-aid with leftover IP so I can buff faster if I need to switch procs.

And because @redtricks brough it up my self-buffed runspeed.

Throw GSF on and proc shadowbreed, I can get it up to 4K+ on Rubi-ka. 5K if I’m in a phasefront, which is often. It’s not needed but it’s fun.

I usually fly around at 4K, but 3K in SL with a hoverboard is good stuff too.

Overall, your survivability as a shade comes from your life-steal. Deflect is an over-all IP drain, I’d recommend capping Dimach but not as a priority, lower levels should focus on capping their abilities first, their weapon skills second and their evades third. Nanoskills aren’t as important as you’re levelling, but you’ll want to keep Psy Mod, Bio Met and T&S pretty high for your Proc nanos and your weapon skill buffs.

I only have 1108 AAD when not perked, and I think it climbs to around ~1300 with everything procced, this however keeps me from getting hit often enough that I can climb back to max hp.

There’s a lot of juggling perks, but there’s a rhythm to it and you’ll learn it with practice.

I haven’t IP’d Perception or Treatment at all, I do have 3K concealment though (capped). If I wanna spot someone in PvP I wait until they shoot me, I have 17K hp so they won’t one shot me and I can shade’s caress them immediately to max myself out on them. I can’t remember the last time someone spotted me whilst I was hidden in BS.

Hope this helps anyone else who’s interested.

3 Likes