[SHADE] Weapon Help

Hi all,
I recently returned after a long time gone. This time around I decided I wanted to try a class I never played, nor ever even thought about playing0 so I chose a shade. I have to say I am loving it! The problem I find myself running into is finding weapons to upgrade to. I am currently using Bronto Lancets several levels below my character. but they are the best dps I can find and still allow me to fight mobs 5-8 levels above me. I check the Shere garden daily for better, but have done this for at least a week with no luck. The only other option I see right now is the Squibber (?) that can be bought at shops but requires a large investment in Brawling which is dark blue to me. I have reviewed the Comprehensive Shade Guide, which is awesome, but many of the weps listed in there I cannot obtain and older guides offer weapons that are much poorer than the lancets. The player market terminals seem to be underused these days for selling, or at least selling what I am looking for.

Can any experienced Shades offer some possible advice? Is there other options or other places that sell Shade weps via terminal/vendor?

Thanks!

What level are you? Some nice weapons that come to mind:

These drop in the subway from workmen and can be bought, usually for cheap. Good for levels 15-35.

These are from Steps of Madness, which will require help at low level. If you find someone on OOC or in your org these are great until level 50 and fine until 70.

Decent weapons for level 70+. These are buyable in general stores like Fairtrade with a type 070. Upgrade to 870 with a Melee Weapons Adjustment Kit, which is sold separately in the same store.

Fine weapons for after level 70, comes in Ql1-300. Usually some are available on GMS.

Similar to the Kyr’ozch ones. These can be bought for Victory Points. If you upgrade them to Mk6 they’re better than Kyrzch weapons of the same requirements, but the upgrades can be expensive.

Hi Saavick and thanks. I am level 88, about to be 89. I am subbed, and do have some credits from my previous time in AO. I do have a 201 MP, but am not playing him because I have been away so long I wouldn’t know where to start. Just wanted to begin again fresh. I looked for the Kyro stuff, but way to expensive on the market and I get the feeling Alien events no longer happen and I went to the alien mission place but it was empty. I appreciate the info and will try and keep an eye out. Will also look into maybe getting into an org so there ate opportunities to group.

I just checked and the Kyr’ozch Energy Rapiers on GMS are indeed way overpriced. You could try make some buyorders for like 10m each maybe?

Don’t worry too much about your weapons at low level, your perks do the talking at the moment.

At level 89 you’re totally fine using fear forged blades until 151 when you get the special edition kyr weapons.

Thanks Guys! I was able to go get a pair of fear-forged daggers. This should last awhile.
Appreciate the info.

you could also get one of these nice weapons from the mantis den, they are free and enable the Brawl special attack.

the ql 120 isnt uncommon, if you go there looking for mantis armor mats you will find a lot of these.
mantis armor is also nice damage boosting gear for a shade your level. you could easily clear that area with your MP and log in your shade when a mantis blade drops, and end up with a good set of armor as well. you just need to find a tradeskiller to craft it for you.

Fear forged are one of the easiest weapons to get for low level shade, they’re in the 2nd room of SoM. Stand just inside the door where the Spider is and have another high level kill it, very easy.

I have started playing a Shade for the same reasons. I subbed and wanted to try one. Rough in the start without the implant ladder to gear up. As for weapons, I went the Illegal Ofab Vipers into the Fear-Forged Blade. Around level 50 they seem to plateau. And, currently waiting before I can go into Rapiers.

Brawling is a dark blue skill for Shades. And, most of the spirits that I’ve seen do not appear to have Brawling. To raise the skill means that you would need to dump skill points into raising this since you are without standard implant to buff up the skill. Plus, you only get +45 Brawling from the MA nano. You could level up brawling, however, I feel you would be taking away IP-wise other useful skills when buying up a dark blue skill.

There is also the turn-spirit weapons:
Trick Poker

You also have the poor man choice if you are willing to spend some ip on brawling is Compressed blades, they go all out to ql200 and are mission rolable and once you get for 200+ weapons you can reset brawling

My shade is still leveling.

This is the route that I suggest leveling up to 78 on weapons.
Worn Daggers into,
Illegal Modified Ofab Vipers into,
Fear-Forged Blade into,
Edited:
Nippy John Stilettos (right) and Fear-forged Blade (left) in the interim to dual weilding Nippys.

Fear-forged Blades are still viable weapons up to 80 but when you equip Nippy/Fear the difference is noticed while still using the Fear-forged multi requirement.

The next step for me will be using Nippy John Stilettos. The main slowdown transitioning into dual wielding better weapons is the multi-melee skill requirements. Perks helps a lot, however, there are limited options to tweak this skill up and requires finding specific items when the multi-melee requirement is high.

Alternatively, IF you are able to buy from the GMI (or find on an alt) the components to make the Shades turn-spirit blades than you could upgrade into those around 70-75 depending on your spirits and items to boost multi-melee than move into something else.

Guides suggest the AI rapiers but their not readily available on the GMI. So, I dismissed this option while leveling my shade. This guide is very helpful and insightful.

Good hunting!