Share your Shelter

Nice bases all over :smiley:

Here is mine:

It’s just bare bones, I am not through with decorations yet :wink:

10 Likes

Some little, trying-to-be-artistic, teasers from the city I’ve been building near Sepermeru (and which is still not ready because I’m playing solo, with 1x harvest multiplier, and no admin-spawned items, probably because I’m stupid or something…):

Shrine to Mitra. The priest is sitting in a cupboard in my base near the Black Galleon because I forgot him there.

set
Temple of Set as seen from my bazaar.

alchemist
Madame Esmeralda’s Love Potions… How much are you willing to pay for my Love Potion Number 9? (Poor lady is overworked with making steelfire and stone consolidant, no-one’s actually buying her love potions.)

Hmm, I wonder what this place is then…? Featuring the protagonist of my story, the orphan thief from Zamora, Kat.

8 Likes

A couple more shots from the town:

The Scarlet Citadel (tribute to a Robert E. Howard novella of the same name), an… entertainment establishment.

A view from the inside. This is the main lounge. Upstairs there are four private rooms with double beds, cupboards, lots of pillows etc. The employees are T3 fighters and archers from Sepermeru, so woe betide the Purge that manages to get through my walls.

And speaking of walls…
town
A view of my town from the cliffs to the north. The district on the bottom left is the craftsman district; the buildings in the middle are a tavern and the brothel, you can see the temples of Set and Mitra towards the right, and furthest away on the top of the picture is the school where promising young recruits are learning the ropes. And chains. And other restraining methods. There’s a bazaar between the temples (more T3 fighters and archers playing shopkeeper). Blocked from view by the cliff on which I’m standing there’s the West Gate guardhouse and the Colonial Armory. Right next to the South Gate, behind the school, there’s a caravanserai, or camel parking spot (you can see the empty spot where it now is in the earlier post).

There’s still some unused real estate within the walls where I’m planning to raise some residential buildings so the merchants don’t need to sleep in their tents, and the ledge leading left in the picture will eventually house a holy site to Jhebbal Sag, a safe distance from the civilized folk.

So much work to do…

7 Likes

These are super cool!

1 Like

City just keeps getting bigger.

EDIT: I forgot I had a ground-level screen

11 Likes

now i have seen evrything

@Kumiko
hahaha, omg that is such a cool idea :laughing:

@drukuku
I absolutely love the spot you built on. It’s so fitting for these type of layout and structures :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A new addition to my city today:

Thutmekri the Dramatist has his own theater stage now. Poor fellow is performing for an empty crowd; I guess most people in my town have better things to do than watch a dancing shirtless bald guy in lederhosen… Now, if only he could play some Manowar…

Also built and furnished two residential houses with a total of five small apartments and enough beds for twelve. I should now have enough living space for almost everyone in my town. I think I’ll build an expansion to the tavern next, it’s a bit crowded inside.

5 Likes

Well, honestly this one is just being built for aesthetics and as a bit of an experiment for myself to see what ‘feels’ big enough while trying to not be too unwieldy. Though, when I take what I’ve gleaned from this and apply to my own game I’ll have the luxury of singular meshes and not composite buildings like these. I’ve been cheesing it with admin panel and the infinite build hotkey (which is usually anathema to me - I play SP at 1x gathering rates); else normally I’d probably be making my usual small compound-style settlement and it would have taken me three times as long to make.

I do however keep holding onto the probably vain hope of some of those city-life mechanics eventually being added. I would love to have to take my thralls’ housing needs into consideration when building without it just being as set dressing.

And here’s another screen of some of my attempts at making interesting columnades using that wonderful quirk of the building system that allows for incremental steps on foundations.

6 Likes

It’s easy enough, just put a fence on the edge you want and the next foundation you snap to it can go up a small amount. It does however lead to some wasting of materials and you can’t use stairs with them unless you use Multigun’s LBPR - Overlaps Edition mod (which is just great).

Mostly I use it to make small platforms on a plaza or to make sidewalks alongside my buildings. But it’s great for any kind of terracing and injecting a good bit of variation on the rooftop profile of whatever you’re building.

I took this screen back when I first learned about the technique back last may:

8 Likes

Hi, here you have a video where you can see the small villa that I have built in the style of Jerusalem. The official Server is the #1042 PVE Conflict. I hope you like it.

Little Jerusalem

3 Likes

20181221121800_1 20181221121820_1

7 Likes

Absolutely outstanding

Newest spot, calling it Zanthia :smiley:

9 Likes

Skywatch

The Abby (Inspired by “The Name of the Rose”)

10 Likes

I call this my Glory Wall.

All these Red Mothers died before I got all recipes in the Unnamed City Archives. (Plus loads of less impressive critters too.) Those heads take a stupid amount of wall space, but hey, I had to do something with them since I brought them back with me. And it would’ve been a pity to just squeeze them in a fluid press.

6 Likes

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I am so envious of you pc players. If I tried to build something this big on my Offline Singleplayer game on ps4, it would probably burst into flames.

Please keep up the great work everyone.

2 Likes

let it burn collect the insurance and buy one. Mine is bright red with chrome fans.

Stop playing with yourself, and join the party, pal.

1 Like