Share your Shelter

So in the place of Deadly chess there is now only ruins of it and some ‘‘wanderers’’ made a water-city :smiley:

5 Likes

My shelter:

:laughing:
Don’t try this on officials.
It’s a completely functional base. I can’t even render it whole. I think the architect became a little out of control…

6 Likes

Nice, looks great in my eyes!

On its size I don’t think its that bad, most of it is built on platforms so the footprint on the walk able paths is pretty low.

1 Like

It’s on SP, so the only problem I would have would be rendering issues. PS5 can handle it pretty well. I don’t go crazy on all interiors, although some are kind of detailed. I would do more, but the main purpose of the base is functionality. If I have to build it, I might as well do it beautiful(ish).

2 Likes

Your ability to use the terrain, blend the elevations and throw focus can’t be taught. This is very beautiful, and exactly what this game was meant to achieve! Glorious!

2 Likes

Here’s a few details. It’s not finished yet! :laughing: I’m lacking some thralls still and the tavern is not yet built, but I’ll get to it sooner or later.

![1809466e7763-screenshotUrl|690x388]
(upload://xedAmCkjCb0WzxFAXsU577xABvt.jpeg)

There are much more interiors (every house), but this is where my character lives). I wish I had his bedroom balcony views! :laughing:

9 Likes

I was originally holding off from playing while waiting for news for the update but got tired of waiting so I don’t really have anything done yet.

I just wanted to say that these new double doors in pythagoras are seriously the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

@drukuku
How do they work? They have the saloon style like the main 180 or they have one way 90? It’s really awesome and extremely necessary, I hope we’ll see it in the game soon.

1 Like

They work just like regular doors, only one side is mirrored.

2 Likes

Yes, double doors are a must. I hope devs implement them in game. I can’t count the times I got stuck with the thrall following us blocking the passage. When possible I always build two doors to avoid it, but it’s far from ideal.

2 Likes

@Marcospt , @drukuku
Not only this, the door frame will work correctly to preserve the stability of the walls above internal. I know that a lot workarounds exist on the game, yet this is not only beautiful but necessity too, imagine that you divide spaces inside with walls to create different rooms but you don’t really need to have doors. I don’t need a door to go from my living room to my kitchen :man_shrugging:. I just need an open wall but framed so I will not loose stability. For me the perfect would be to have arched frame that demands 2 walls space but can stabilize the walls above, THIS is my greatest dream in the game, I will try to send in the next days a real life example.

4 Likes

there’s 3 double door frame sizes - 1x, 1.5x, and 2x. the 1.5x is two foundations wide but 1.5 high, so, you can either use modded half-walls to fill in the space above but if you don’t have any fences work just as well.

4 Likes

I know exactly what you are saying. Couldn’t agree more, man!

3 Likes

Half walls are very needed too. I use latice half wall when I have to, but it doesn’t exactly behave as I would like. It’s more like a fence…

3 Likes

@Marcospt
And there should be vertical half wall too, not only horizontal. And yes I use the half walls as fences, I like the fact that you can climb and prevail the mobs or npcs to enter. I really miss the old function of sandstone fences that you could climb on them :man_shrugging:.
@drukuku I can’t wait to see them in the vanilla game :+1:t6:.

3 Likes

Ahhw, I like double doors but those look stretched :confused:

My current Nemedian Castle base on an Official PvE (c) server.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what I’d do with myself if LBPR wasn’t a thing.

6 Likes

Yeah the stairs clipping is nice, and the flotsam awnings on the left between the buildings go so well…

2 Likes

I’m such a nice person I even provide housing for my purely volunteer, definitely non-compulsory workforce. Sure, they may be downwind of the tannery and furnaces pumping out sulphur fumes…

2 Likes