Siptah NPCs and Thralls Stop Fighting or Forget how to use weapons

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region:

I’m sure I’ve seen this reported somewhere before, but I can’t find the thread anymore and the issue persists. I’m finding that random NPCs on the Isle of Siptah keep falling into a state where they just stop fighting altogether and just stand there like morons while you slowly kill them / knock them unconscious. Sometimes they eventually break out of this state and continue fighting, but often they don’t and just end up as a free kill. I’ve only noticed it with human NPCs so far (not creatures) but then again I haven’t played the DLC much yet because the bugs are so numerous at present its just not worth playing.

Also thralls keep forgetting how to use their weapons and just resort to using their fists a lot, even when there is a weapon available in their inventory. It happens both with their original starter weapons and if I give them a new weapon, but it seems to occur more often if I change their weapon.

This is on an UNMODDED version of the game.

Edit: I should probably add that this issue happens only on Siptah for me. All the NPCs and my thralls are all behaving correctly on Exiled Lands.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Play Isle of Siptah
  2. Fight a few human NPCs
  3. Get a thrall follower and try to get them to fight / swap out their weapon
2 Likes

2 locations that come to mind where this has happened to NPCs regularly are at Leyshrine of the Fiends and the small beach camp to the south of Costigan’s Bluff where the T4 fighter spawns. Hope that helps.

Also, many of the thralls I had that had trouble using weapons were prisoners that I’d freed. Don’t know whether that is important or not.

Hey @Socrates

We’re aware of similar issues to this one you’re describing. Our team is working on a few fixes to thrall and followers’ AI that should at least alleviate this issue.
Thank you for the detailed feedback and sorry for the frustration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.