Skip the tutorial

Exactly what’s in the subject line, is there a thing i’m missing that lets me skip the dream and tokyo? leaving the bits in the middle where you hunt down the secret society is fine since that’s actually different between each other bit but ideally i could just start at Boone and killing zombies

1 Like

I’d like to know this as well. I just want to create a new character and not have to go through the whole intro and tutorial again.

or just let me be my true unicorn self right off the rip instead of waiting until i finish tutorial hell

There is no tutorial skip. The only time you’ll hear of any tutorial skipping is in the context of TestLive, the test server.

Luckily, the Waking Dream and Ground Zero Flashback portions can be completed relatively swiftly once you’re familiar with them!

1 Like

I just accidentally hit Esc during a cutscene and it jumped out of it. Unfortunately, I didn’t try this during the intro/tutorial, so I’m not sure if that will work.

Any cutscene can be skipped. The tutorial, however, cannot.

2 Likes

But that doesn’t make them fun :frowning:

1 Like

It will be less fun to start at Boone with no weapons and no abilities. :upside_down_face:

Considering the tutorial tells you what to buy and you get the same stuff every time i don’t see why you wouldn’t just start with that?

Well let’s ignore that I was told you may get weapons in different order and then end with one bit higher level than other. I never checked it. I was semi-joking because we all know well no one’s going to spend their time rewriting it. They have better things to do. Just imagining how it could be made - there are bunch of ways, sure.

The amount of experience that your primary weapon gains over your secondary weapon over the course of the tutorial is paltry, nothing worth restarting the game over. I have made characters where I wanted to use the secondary weapon as the primary weapon and have had zero issues simply swapping them once I have access to them both.

if WoW which has significantly more content, skills, armors, etc can sell a boost that catches players up to near endgame, it should be super possible to let players skip the tutorial after finishing it once

In TSW you could skip the Tokyo subway section by heading back up the stairs. But in SWL I think this is where you are told to pick a 2nd weapon, so is probably where it makes it difficult to skip.